Expand my Community achievements bar.

Announcement: Calling all learners and mentors! Applications are now open for the Adobe Analytics 2024 Mentorship Program! Come learn from the best to prepare for an official certification in Adobe Analytics.

Copy/Paste from Workspace into Excel or Browser

Level 5

Is anyone else having problems copying data from workspace tables and pasting it into a program like excel? Sometimes it will work, but the majority of the time it doesn't. This is a problem that myself and multiple others at our company are continually running into. Sometimes I will try to copy for a couple minutes, and then suddenly it will start to work. Then I leave my computer for 5 minutes and come back again and it wont work again.

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Lil,

It often happens and also i can see many highlighting the same.

AbhijeetKMishra​, Gigazelle​,

Do you wanna comment anything?

Thank You!

Arun

Employee Advisor

This has been a fickle bug to pin down and iron out. As a workaround, the next release will be including a right click 'Copy' so you don't have to agonize whether it actually copied to your clipboard or not.

Level 5

Thanks Giagazelle for your updates hope will get it by next release.

Hi Lil,

I too face the same issue, it is a best advice to export the workspace in .csv format by directly or via email. Later on, we can modify the data according to the requirement.

Note: Suppose, if you go for copy and paste options in the workspace, it may possible that you have loose some data while copying!

Hope I answered your question

Thanks,

Vijay

Employee Advisor

So I have some unfortunate news - the "right click to copy" had some snags with the fix, and has been pushed back to March's maintenance release. I'm just a bit miffed, but we'll get it soon enough.

As a workaround, I've been using a clipboard history viewer to get feedback on whether my copy actually succeeded or not. The specific one I use is part of the 8GadgetPack​ called clipboarder. There are several others out there as standalone programs that do the job equally nicely.

Level 2

Did this ever release?  I'm experiencing the issue today....

Employee Advisor

Right click > Copy to clipboard should be available on any workspace project, so you can use that to reliably copy clipboard data.

The root cause behind why ctrl + c is occasionally refusing to copy data is still unknown. We still haven't been able to pin down a scenario where we're able to replicate it on our end. Since we haven't been able to witness the issue firsthand, we haven't identified a fix for it.

If you are able to consistently replicate a way that blocks ctrl + c from copying something to your clipboard, please let us know and we would be happy to push out a fix. There have been quite a few people who have experienced this, so we understand the issue is out there. We just need a way to see the issue in action so we know what to fix.

Level 2

The issue I have is copying from a pop-up.  Steps I take: click on icon next to the segment or calculated metric to see the full definition in a pop-up/overlay window.  Highlight needed text. Either Ctrl + C or right click and click Copy from browser menu, attempt to paste.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if I click/attempt to copy from the body of the workspace or the list of metrics/dimensions from the left-panel.