Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for the next Community Q&A Coffee Break on Tuesday April 23, 2024 with Eric Matisoff, Principal Evangelist, Analytics & Data Science, who will join us to discuss all the big news and announcements from Summit 2024!

Copy/Paste from Workspace into Excel or Browser

Level 5

Is anyone else having problems copying data from workspace tables and pasting it into a program like excel? Sometimes it will work, but the majority of the time it doesn't. This is a problem that myself and multiple others at our company are continually running into. Sometimes I will try to copy for a couple minutes, and then suddenly it will start to work. Then I leave my computer for 5 minutes and come back again and it wont work again.

Any help would be VERY appreciated.

7 Replies

Community Advisor

Dear Lil,

It often happens and also i can see many highlighting the same.

AbhijeetKMishra​, Gigazelle​,

Do you wanna comment anything?

Thank You!

Arun

Employee Advisor

This has been a fickle bug to pin down and iron out. As a workaround, the next release will be including a right click 'Copy' so you don't have to agonize whether it actually copied to your clipboard or not.

Level 5

Thanks Giagazelle for your updates hope will get it by next release.

Hi Lil,

I too face the same issue, it is a best advice to export the workspace in .csv format by directly or via email. Later on, we can modify the data according to the requirement.

Note: Suppose, if you go for copy and paste options in the workspace, it may possible that you have loose some data while copying!

Hope I answered your question

Thanks,

Vijay

Employee Advisor

So I have some unfortunate news - the "right click to copy" had some snags with the fix, and has been pushed back to March's maintenance release. I'm just a bit miffed, but we'll get it soon enough.

As a workaround, I've been using a clipboard history viewer to get feedback on whether my copy actually succeeded or not. The specific one I use is part of the 8GadgetPack​ called clipboarder. There are several others out there as standalone programs that do the job equally nicely.

Level 2

Did this ever release?  I'm experiencing the issue today....

Employee Advisor

Right click > Copy to clipboard should be available on any workspace project, so you can use that to reliably copy clipboard data.

The root cause behind why ctrl + c is occasionally refusing to copy data is still unknown. We still haven't been able to pin down a scenario where we're able to replicate it on our end. Since we haven't been able to witness the issue firsthand, we haven't identified a fix for it.

If you are able to consistently replicate a way that blocks ctrl + c from copying something to your clipboard, please let us know and we would be happy to push out a fix. There have been quite a few people who have experienced this, so we understand the issue is out there. We just need a way to see the issue in action so we know what to fix.

Level 2

The issue I have is copying from a pop-up.  Steps I take: click on icon next to the segment or calculated metric to see the full definition in a pop-up/overlay window.  Highlight needed text. Either Ctrl + C or right click and click Copy from browser menu, attempt to paste.  Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.  It doesn't matter if I click/attempt to copy from the body of the workspace or the list of metrics/dimensions from the left-panel.