Expand my Community achievements bar.

Applications for the 2024-2025 Adobe Analytics Champion Program are open!

🗣️ [Mentor Pratheep Arun Raj] 🌟 Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 🌟

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship program! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Pratheep Arun Raj (@PratheepArunRaj), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Professional Developer Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E213)through to the end of the program. 

A little bit about your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Arun:

Black_Edited.jpg

Arun: Enterprise Architect (NextRow Digital) with 12+ years of experience in MIS, Analytics, Personalization and Customer Data Platform | Brand Ambassador, User Group Leader, Community Advisor in Adobe | Founder and Author of Terryn Winter Analytics (Blog Portal) | Holder of 8 Adobe Certifications across Adobe Analytics, Adobe Target, and Adobe Audience Manager.

Aspirants mapped to Arun (@PratheepArunRaj) :

How to participate 

1. The Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during program live July 21st, 2023 – September 6th, 2023
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Arun (aka @PratheepArunRaj), and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 
  3. Mentors with the most Certified Aspirants by the end of the program will be recognized, and Aspirants with the highest number of Accepted Solutions in the Analytics Community, along with their Certification, will be recognized by the end of program - wishing you all the best! 

Quick links 

Let's grow together! 

Cheers, 

Sean 

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

34 Replies

Community Advisor

Hello spogula , @Hindirala , @Arn_Fam , IP , @Kristine_Bee , @swapnilbhiungade7 , @souvikg79278577  , @senthilbasuvaraj !

First, congratulations on being selected for the Mentorship Program.

Let's use this mail thread to quickly introduce ourselves. My introduction is already there at the top and would love to hear from you all.

Thank You, Pratheep Arun Raj B (Arun) | NextRow DigitalTerryn Winter Analytics

Level 5

Hi,

My name is Srikanth based out of Hyderabad, India. I just started learning Adobe Analytics, I have experience in AEM.

Level 2

Hi Arun! My name is Kristine, and I'm based out of Los Angeles, California.  I've been using Adobe Analytics for quite some time (since Omniture days!) and have the Architect & BP certs.  Really looking forward to upskilling with Developer and learning from all the folks in our cohort!

Level 2

Hi @PratheepArunRaj I am Hanumanth Indirala, and I am based out of Sydney. I've started using Adobe Analytics  and Adobe Launch for the last 1.5 years. 

Level 5

Hi @seanrobinson @PratheepArunRaj 

Can you please let us know when will the toolkit be shared? Or can we use the one share by Jennifer_Kunz in other thread?

Thanks

Srikanth

Community Advisor

Hello @srikanthpogula , @Hindirala , @Arn_Fam , IP , @Kristine_Bee , @swapnilbhiungade7 , @souvikg79278577  , @senthilbasuvaraj !

Hope everyone already went through the syllabus (Get ready, Get prepped, and Get certified).

Based on the Exam Objectives and Scope, Module 1/Section 1 is focused on 'Analytics in the Adobe Experience Cloud ecosystem (14%)'. This section covers 3 important topics:

• Identify features and capabilities of Adobe Experience Cloud ID
  • Identify uses for Adobe Launch
  • Identify how to enable/support Adobe Analytics tags in the Adobe Experience Cloud Ecosystem

Enclosed is the toolkit for the above Section 1/Module 1. It has 6 sections; kindly go through the same and let me know for any queries or concerns.

We will be covering 1 Module per week and thus try to complete the module by the end of the week or early start of next week.

Hi @PratheepArunRaj 

1. Where can we find Experience Cloud ID Service implementation method to check if it is standard or custom? Looking for navigation whether it is in Data Collection?
  2. In this statement "ID synchronization matches IDs assigned by the ID service to IDs assigned to site visitors by our customers." what is meant by IDs assigned to site visitors by our customers? Do customers mean website owners? How will the IDs assigned by customers be found to synchronize? Should customers follow certain naming conventions for ID synchronization to happen successfully?

Community Advisor

Dear @srikanthpogula ,

1. In Adobe Launch, Experience Cloud Service is added through Extension. This is important to set a Visitor ID which is common across Experience Cloud Solutions. If you implement the same on the page, it is added using VisitorAPI.js.

2. Yes, customers here represent website owners. Adobe will generate its own Visitor ID based on the cookie. However, if owners have a Customer ID for their customers (Can be a hashed email ID, Account Number, Username, etc), it can be synced across Adobe's Visitor ID. Syncing here represents, setting Customer ID in Experience Cloud ID service so that Visitor ID & Customer ID will tie up against each other. This will help us to target the same customer across multiple devices (Visitor IDs) making the experience unique for the customer and not just the devices.

Hi @PratheepArunRaj ,

Can we control the extensions at the web property level or are they installed in all web properties if multiple web properties are present?

For example, if I would like to install Adobe Target v2 only for web property 1 but not required for web property 2, will I be able to control it?

Community Advisor

Hello @srikanthpogula ,

Yes, extensions can be installed according to our requirements across web properties, and need not be the case that every extension has to be installed on every property. You can mix and match as you said. But, be mindful to restrict the properties to a few based on your requirements; because more properties more work on duplication.

To understand this more, go through my 3 series blog on Adobe Launch.

1. https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-launch-managing-launch-series-part-01-managing-properties/

2. https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-launch-managing-launch-series-part-02-managing-data-elements/

3. https://terrynwinter.com/adobe-launch-managing-launch-series-part-03-managing-extensions-and-rules/

Level 2

Hey guys!

My name is Arnold and I've been a Data Analyst for about a year now. I have really been enjoying the Adobe Analytics platform and have lots of room to grow, which is why I took on this program. I have experience with other visualization platforms and python. Looking to get to know everyone and share thoughts and ideas!

Community Advisor

Hello @srikanthpogula , @Hindirala , @Arn_Fam , IP , @Kristine_Bee , @swapnilbhiungade7 , @souvikg79278577  , @senthilbasuvaraj !

Hope everyone is doing well! For this week, we will try to cover Module 02.

Module 02: Analytics strategy and design based on a solution design reference (12%)

• Given a Solution Design Reference, identify which data objects have to be populated
  • Given a part of a Tech Spec document, identify how to implement the data capture

Enclosed is the document for Module 02.

Hi @PratheepArunRaj,couple of questions

1. What is the difference between visit and hit in general terms and also in context to Expire After configuration of conversion variable?
  2. I could not find configuration variables such as collectHighEntropyUserAgentHints/cookieDomain/cookieDomainPeriods in Data collection console, we have Adobe Analytics extension not Platform Web SDK. Is this the reason?
  3. Will there be any difference with respect to configuration variable between Web SDK extension/Web SDK/Analytics extension?

Community Advisor

Hello @srikanthpogula ,

1. For understanding basic metrics, check out the video here.

2. Adobe Analytics Extension has them and I can see a few.

PratheepArunRaj_0-1691586051773.png

PratheepArunRaj_1-1691586101705.png

And, if you don't find any of the variables to be directly configured in Extension, then you need to configure the same using the 'CONFIGURE TRACKER USING CUSTOM CODE' option.

3. Logic won't change. but the syntax does.

For Adobe Analytics Developer Certification, you won't get any questions related to AEP Web SDK Implementation.

Level 5

Hi @PratheepArunRaj ,

1. Where is the configuration related to multi-suite reporting i.e. when page loads and image request is sent to Adobe data collection servers, where is the report suite configuration?
  2. I am unable to decide between eVar and prop for a new implementation scenario even though I have gone through the documentation and look at existing implementations. Can you please suggest any examples or documentation for me to go through? For example, in our application we are planning to implement analytics when a user unregisters their product by providing an optional reason (radio button), should I use an eVar or prop here? Ultimate goal is to get a report of unregisters against each reason.