Expand my Community achievements bar.

[Mentor Krishna Chitanya Reddy Musku] Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024

Administrator

Hello Team,

Welcome to the Adobe Analytics Community Mentorship Program 2024! This is the featured Community Discussion thread for your Adobe Analytics Community Mentor, Krishna Chitanya Reddy Musku (aka @Krishna_Musku), who will be here to guide and support you and your peers with your Adobe Analytics questions as you prepare for the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E212)through to the end of the program. 

Meet your Mentor:

Individual Mentorship Assets_1600x800.png

Aspirants mapped to Mentor, Krishna, @Krishna_Musku

1. eupaul 
  2. XJoshi
  3. AlexIacchetta
  4. BennettWhit
  5. kristinbl
  6. AshutoshKa
  7. Amrita
  8. KatieHa1
  9. sachithvadnal

How to participate 

1. Aspirants’ goal is to clear their Adobe Analytics Certification during the duration of the program: July 24th, 2024 – September 4th, 2024.
  2. Aspirants: Post your Questions in this thread to connect with Mentor, Krishna, @Krishna_Musku and your fellow Aspirant peers.  *You are all preparing for the same Certification, so feel free to use this space to share what you’re learning and collaborate! 

Suggested Next Steps for Aspirants:

• Update your Community Profile photo with your latest headshot so that you can stand out to your Mentor and Peer Aspirants.
  • "Like" this thread to confirm your participation in the program
  • Introduce yourself to Krishna and your Aspirant peers by Replying to this Thread! Break the ice by introducing yourself (location, org/ company, etc.) and your experience with/ interest in Adobe Analytics  
  • Post your Questions to this thread as you begin learning more about the Adobe Analytics Business Practitioner Professional Certification (Exam ID: AD0-E212)
  • Test your Analytics knowledge by browsing through the Adobe Analytics Community Questions and taking your best shot at answering some Qs!
  • Remember that every post / like / comment you make in your contextual thread and in the Analytics Community throughout the duration of the program helps increase your chance to be recognized by your Mentor and win exclusive Adobe swag, so bring your best efforts!

Quick links 

32 Replies

Level 1

Hi Krishna and Aspirants, 

My name is Bennett Whittaker, and I have been working in Adobe Analytics for the past 5 years. I am interested in getting certified to help expand my capabilities. Currently, I work at BlastX Consulting, where we work with many clients in different industries in Adobe Analytics. I work remote for BlastX, but I am based in the Washington, DC area. 

Community Advisor

Hello @BennettWhittake, It's great to connect with you via mentorship program. I am looking forward to help you in your certification journey.

Good luck! Let's do it together!

Community Advisor

Hello Aspirants,

Welcome to Adobe Analytics Mentorship Program 2024.

Can you introduce yourself? (Experience, Location, Analytics tools used, and What do you do in your free time?). Also, I want to know your motivation towards taking this certification and what are you trying to gain from the completion of this certification?

Level 2

Hi Krishna and Fellow Aspirants,

I am excited to begin my journey with Adobe Analytics. Although I am new to Adobe Analytics, I have some experience working with digital marketing tools such as Facebook Ads, Google Analytics, and Google Tag Manager at a basic level. I am based in India. In my free time, I enjoy learning web development and creating WordPress websites. Completing this certification will be of great help towards gaining the necessary skills and knowledge to pursue a job in this field. I look forward to learning and growing alongside all of you.

Community Advisor

Hello @XJoshi, It's great to connect with you via mentorship program. I am looking forward to help you in your certification journey.

Level 1

Hello Krishna and Aspirants, 

I'm Alex Iacchetta and I work at BlastX consulting. I've been working in Adobe Analytics / Customer Journey Analytics for the past 2 years, and learned everything that I know entirely on-the-fly. I am interested in achieving this certification to go back and gain some foundational understandings that I may have missed, and bridge the gap between what I have learned thus far and what I should know. I also use GA4 and Qualtrics to aid in my role as a business consultant / analyst. I live in Rochester, New York, and in my free time I enjoy grilling and hanging out with my dog.

Community Advisor

Hello @AlexIacchetta WOW! Another aspirant from BlastX Consulting. It's great to connect with you via mentorship program. I am looking forward to help you in your certification journey.

Level 1

I'm excited to be here and learn from you all. I'm new to Adobe Analytics, but I have experienced with similar analytics software. I'm a Business Consultant and would like to get the certification in order to familiarize myself with Adobe Analytics and share insights with my clients. 

Community Advisor

Hello @eupaul, Welcome to Adobe Analytics. You chose the correct starting level business practitioner certification for your analytics journey. I am looking forward to help you in your certification journey.

Level 1

Hi everyone!

I'm Kristín Björk Lilliendahl and I work as a data scientist at one of Iceland's largest banks, Íslandsbanki. I have been using various solutions from Adobe, including Adobe Analytics, for over a year. I aim to complete the certification to gain a deeper understanding of Adobe Analytics and explore topics I may not have encountered during my hands-on experience with the program.

Community Advisor

Hello @kristinbl, good to know about your background in data science. Welcome to Adobe Analytics Mentorship Program. I am looking forward to helping you in achieving your certification for deeper understanding of AA.

Good Luck! Let's do it together!

Community Advisor

Hello @eupaul @XJoshi @AlexIacchetta @BennettWhittake @kristinbl @AshutoshKa @AmritaDa @KatieHa1 @sachithvadnal ,

Nice to meet you everyone, Seems like everyone have good experience with Analytics. Let’s start the certification journey. Over the next few weeks we will be covering topics related to this certification. Below are the exam details and objectives.

Exam details

• Level: Professional (0-12 months’ experience)
  • Passing Score: 31/50
  • Time: 100 mins
  • Delivery: Online proctored (requires camera access)
  • Available languages: English
  • Cost: $125 (global) / $95 (India)
  • Exam ID: AD0-E212

Exam Objectives and Scope

Section 1: Business analysis (34%)

• Given a business need/question, identify an appropriate reporting strategy to perform an analysis
  • Analyze data to answer business questions
  • Identify conversion funnels (as a concept to understand business analysis)
  • Consult the Solution Design Reference (SDR) to determine what data is available in reports
  • Analyze report data to summarize and draw conclusions
  • Recognize outliers and anomalies in reports

Section 2: Reporting and dashboarding for projects (38%)

• Consider the advantages of using specific visualizations based on a given scenario
  • Compare fallout and flow visualization
  • Apply the process to schedule and share Projects for different users and/or groups
  • Apply the process to look up and combine dimensions, metrics, date ranges, and segments
  • Apply the process to create a visualization
  • Given a scenario, determine the appropriate item to use
  • Report on marketing campaign performance

Section 3: Segmentation and calculated metrics (19%)

• Determine how to develop and configure basic segments using best practices
  • Apply the process to share segments with others in the organization
  • Apply segments to Projects and Components
  • Apply the process to generate basic calculated and/or segmented metrics

Section 4: General tool knowledge and troubleshooting (9%)

• Understand different types of dimensions and parameters existing in Adobe Analytics (evars, props, and events)
  • Determine how to export data from Adobe Analytics

Community Advisor

Hello @eupaul @XJoshi @AlexIacchetta @BennettWhittake @kristinbl @AshutoshKa @AmritaDa @KatieHa1 @sachithvadnal,

Take a look at this new study resources section provided by Adobe Digital Experience Certification Program ‘Exam Prep Guide

This Exam Prep Guide provides a tailored path through your certification exam prep process, including the materials you’ll need to be successful in attaining this certification.

Note: Use your Adobe ID if you are prompted to log in to the Exam Prep Guide.

Community Advisor

Hello eupaul, XJoshi, AlexIacchetta, BennettWhit, kristinbl, AshutoshKa, Amrita, KatieHa1, sachithvadnal,

I hope everyone had a good weekend. Just checking, did you guys go through the Exam Prep Guide? looked at the sample questions? took the practice test? If you have any questions, post it here.

Level 2

Hi @Krishna_Musku,

I hope you had a great weekend as well! Thank you for checking in. I’m currently going through the Exam Prep Guide, Adobe Analytics Documentation and @EricMatisoff's Adobe Analytics Essential Training course.

I noticed in the Exam Prep Guide that Data Workbench & Reports and Analytics are no longer available. Are the features they provided completely integrated into Workspace? If not, could you please offer some guidance or suggest any workarounds or additional tools that might complement Workspace to fulfil these needs?

Community Advisor

Hello @XJoshi That's a great start for the certification. To your question, data workbench is retired and reports & analytics transitioned/merged into Workspace. Please refer to the below discussion thread I posted about the end of life for reports & analytics and data workbench.

https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/adobe-analytics-discussions/end-of-life-for-reports...

Level 2

Thank you for the quick response and for confirming the status of Data Workbench and Reports & Analytics! I appreciate the link to the discussion thread as well. It is really helpful.

If I have any further questions as I continue my studies, I'll be sure to reach out. Thanks again for your guidance!

Community Advisor

Hello Aspirants,

How is everyone doing in their certification journey? Any questions? Any roadblocks? Let me know.!

Take a look at the resources for the below components in Analysis Workspace:

Metrics:

Metrics allow you to quantify dimension items, such as to see which pages on your site have the most page views. You can also trend metrics over time, such as to see how many orders visitors make on your site each day. A basic report shows rows of string values (dimension), against a column of numeric values (metric).

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/metrics/overview

Dimensions:

Dimensions are variables in Adobe Analytics that typically contain string values. Common dimensions include Page, Referring domain, or an eVar. In contrast, metrics  contain numeric values that tie to a dimension. A basic report shows rows of string values (dimension), against a column of numeric values (metric).

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/dimensions/overview

Segments:

Segments allow you to identify subsets of visitors based on characteristics or website interactions. Segments are designed as audience insights that you can build for your specific needs, and then verify, edit, and share with other team members or use in other Adobe products and Analytics capabilities.

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/analytics/components/segmentation/seg-overview

Reply to this comment about any questions related to workspace components.

Level 1

I am a little late to the introduction, but I am excited to be here and learn from you all. I'm new to Adobe Analytics but want to get the certification to become well-versed in the tool and concepts.

Looking forward to great learning from you all

Community Advisor

Hello @AmritaDa, Welcome to mentorship program. Please go through the above resources for what topics to be covered in certification and resources related to them. Reply to this thread if you gave any questions. Thank you!