Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Year End Activities & Maintenance - what's on your list?

Level 9

I always like the week between Christmas and New Years to focus on cleaning up our instance from the past year so we start fresh. These are reviewed as needed throughout the year but this is the 'Big List'. My list is building but here's a snapshot of what I mean.

Review reports

• Reports not used
  • Reports shared with
  • Reports 'Run As'
  • Team Specific Reports

Review Projects

• Ongoing projects
  • 100% but not complete
  • Data Points - Growth
  • Data Points - Institutional / Retail Sales

Review Users

• Last Logged in users
  • SSO Users

Created 'Shared With' View to see projects

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

I think many of ours ended up on the list in the system maintenance user group https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D54X00006msfHdSAI/user-group-followup-july-27-2021-workfront-s... -- and anything that didn't make this list made it over to Doug Den Hoed's health checker. But I can summarize my goal as being able to look at everything that is considered "an object" and say something about its maintenance.

e.g. Workfront considers Portfolios an object, so what can I say about this from a maintenance perspective?

• Are the portfolios still organized according to your governance charter (however you chose to set them up)?
  • Are they still being used?
  • If they aren't, are they set inactive or deleted?
  • Are they up to date? (owned by legitimate users)

... and so on and so forth: programs, templates, projects, tasks, issues, documents, document or proof approvals, approval processes, milestone paths, reports, dashboards, users, groups, teams, roles, layout templates -- the list goes on -- what is it you can say about each of these objects from a maintenance perspective?

The great thing about Doug's list is it's already pretty organized in order of "most bang for buck"... but that's just my opinion.

Level 2

I tried to follow the link in the above post, but I don't think its valid any longer with the move to Experience League.  Do you know if the content made the trip to the new site?  If so, maybe you could re-post the new link here?

Level 7

As the sole and part-time sys admin, I distribute my maintenance across the year. Yeah, I borrowed a lot of my plan from what @skyehansen posted, especially in regards to touching each object regularly. I also know that I could probably reduce a lot of the maintenance burden through stronger accountability for governance. Baby steps...

Here's how I distribute my maintenance:

Weekly:

• User entry completion
  • User termination

Quarterly:

• Contracted user activity
  • Project cleanup
  • User alignment updates

Every half:

• Queue usage

Annually and distributed across the year (so each quarter has a different bucket list):

• Q1
    • Approval process usage
    • Report, dashboard, and calendar usage
    • Template usage
  • Q2
    • Companies and sharing with
    • Group alignment
    • Access level configurations
    • Layout configurations
  • Q3
    • License budgeting
    • Team usage