Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!
SOLVED

Workload Balancer Setup

Level 2

I am working to utilize workload balancer for my team. Our projects are all built from custom templates. Is the best approach to update the number of hours each task takes at the template level, and then it will update on the workload balancer tool? 

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is recommended to have durations and hours in the templates so as you are creating projects with that template, it will provide defaults. Once a project is created the hours can be adjusted to meet the needs of an individual project/task. 

Best practices for tasks as it related to Workload Balaner:

• Tasks and issues have a value for Planned Hours which is greater than zero.

• Tasks and issues have a value for their Duration which is greater than zero.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

It is recommended to have durations and hours in the templates so as you are creating projects with that template, it will provide defaults. Once a project is created the hours can be adjusted to meet the needs of an individual project/task. 

Best practices for tasks as it related to Workload Balaner:

• Tasks and issues have a value for Planned Hours which is greater than zero.

• Tasks and issues have a value for their Duration which is greater than zero.