Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Workfront Proof vs. ProofHQ

Level 8

Hello,

as I am still at the beginning of my learning curve concerning Workfront and its whole eco-system, I would like to understand the difference between Workfront Proof and ProofHQ.

Is it somehow possible to login to ProofHQ with the Workfront credentials, or are those two completely different products?

I also see the exact same login page, if I enter the URL https://<companyname>.proofhq.com/login, but I am not able log in here as well.

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Lars

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@lgaertner 

ProofHQ was a stand-alone product that Workfront acquired.

My understanding, and you may need to verify this with someone from Workfront, is that Workfront Proof is basically how you access ProofHQ from within Workfront.

ProofHQ (as you have the link in your note) is a separate product that some companies use without a Workfront instance.

How I came to this conclusion:

We have another division in our company that uses ProofHQ, but they do not use Workfront. They access ProofHQ with a link similar to the one you noted.

Our team uses both Workfront and ProofHQ. I can only get into ProofHQ from within my Workfront instance, if I replace the <companyname> portion of your link with my Workfront instance's <companyname> I get a login page that I can't get into ProofHQ with. 

But once I do get into ProofHQ from within my instance, it looks almost identical to where our other division lands when they go into ProofHQ with their link.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Level 7

Document proofing is a basic way to get feedback on documents in Workfront

ProofHQ has a built in proofing viewer, advanced mark up tools, advanced proofing tools (ownership, proof stages, proof routing)

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@lgaertner 

ProofHQ was a stand-alone product that Workfront acquired.

My understanding, and you may need to verify this with someone from Workfront, is that Workfront Proof is basically how you access ProofHQ from within Workfront.

ProofHQ (as you have the link in your note) is a separate product that some companies use without a Workfront instance.

How I came to this conclusion:

We have another division in our company that uses ProofHQ, but they do not use Workfront. They access ProofHQ with a link similar to the one you noted.

Our team uses both Workfront and ProofHQ. I can only get into ProofHQ from within my Workfront instance, if I replace the <companyname> portion of your link with my Workfront instance's <companyname> I get a login page that I can't get into ProofHQ with. 

But once I do get into ProofHQ from within my instance, it looks almost identical to where our other division lands when they go into ProofHQ with their link.

For us, PHQ was a standalone product that lead us to buying Workfront.  I was not aware that it was still available separately, my understanding was that it was rolled up into Workfront.  I would imagine that the Adobe sales reps heavily steer people to Workfront in addition to PHQ.