Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Not exists text mode on task level report

Level 2

I'm building a milestone report, but my stakeholders want to display whether the production schedule doesn't have a specific task name in it (which wouldn't actually be a milestone, or a filter of the report itself).  The plain English of what I'm trying to do is "show an "N/A" if there isn't a task that contains "Clearance" in the name".

I thought my textmode would be this, but it shows an N/A for every task in the schedule that doesn't contain Clearance in the name.  Not that the task isn't there at all.  Any ideas of what I'm doing wrong?  It's not just moving the N/A to the true part of the statement.

• displayname=No Clearance Task
  • listdelimiter=‍
  • listmethod=nested(project.tasks).lists
  • querysort=name
  • textmode=true
  • type=iterate
  • valueexpression=IF(NOTEXISTS("Clearance",{name}),"","N/A")
  • valueformat=HTML

ryanbrogz1_0-1674159865730.png

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe it's because using the iterate type causes Workfront to evaluate each task separately, and not as a whole. So really what Workfront is doing is pulling the first task, checking it, evaluation yes or no, adding N/A  (or not) to the resultant string, and then checking the next task, and so on until it finishes all of the tasks. Probably the easiest thing I would say to do, if your stakeholders are ok with it, is flipping the logic around. That would cause Workfront to leave a blank if it's not present, and "Yes" (or whatever you wanted) if it was there.

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

I believe it's because using the iterate type causes Workfront to evaluate each task separately, and not as a whole. So really what Workfront is doing is pulling the first task, checking it, evaluation yes or no, adding N/A  (or not) to the resultant string, and then checking the next task, and so on until it finishes all of the tasks. Probably the easiest thing I would say to do, if your stakeholders are ok with it, is flipping the logic around. That would cause Workfront to leave a blank if it's not present, and "Yes" (or whatever you wanted) if it was there.