Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Proof (18.1) - Workfront Please Read!

Level 8
Hi Workfront Community, I'm here to share some of my feedback on ProofHQ that has resurfaced since the release of 2018.1. In January 2017 we were upgraded to ProofHQ premium. We were very disappointed in the product, because it was not a seamless integration. It put our projects that had active proofs at risk and caused a lot of chaos during our busiest time of year. The 2018.1 release activity overview had a lot of proofing updates, but now that the release has launched, the proofing updates are more disruptive than they are helpful. Our print design team of 4 (plus 1 manager and 1 freelancer) generate and route multiple proofs daily, where edits on a single proof are made by multiple users. We can't afford to waste the designer's project / design time or the client's review time on trouble-shooting proofing issues. I understand that sometimes updates need to be rolled out in phases and I'm sure the integration of ProofHQ & Workfront is a massive undertaking...but I wish these updates could stay in the sandbox for testing until the tool is fully functional and the two systems are seamlessly integrated. There is no benefit to giving a tool a new look and feel if the fundamentals aren't working properly, Not to mention, we now have two options when viewing proofs (legacy and new) which is a bad user experience...Please just give me the best and most efficient option. -Issues: Document versions have grid lines, weird image icons, pages are cut off or cropped: a 3 page document looks like a 10 page document. Proofs are slow to generate, slow to open and documents are failing to download. I still have yet to receive one email notification that I have a proof to approve. (I have a more detailed outline explaining the functionality & qualities we need from ProofHQ, plus other wish list items.I sent this to Skylar Sanford last year - who I "met" after the live Q&A he held through the community site) Ultimately, as it relates to proofing..I'm in the same place I was last year - feeling sorry that I shared these updates with our design team in the first place only to tell them to revert back to the legacy viewer / document approval process. Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 10
hi Sydney, I assume you have support tickets pending on the issues you mentioned below. If you (or anyone reading this) do not have tickets logged with the helpdesk yet, please submit one and feel free to reference my ticket number below if it is relevant to your case. This is so that we can group those tickets together and get faster attention and more priority to our related problems. 1132940: the gridlines and image icons (I think this is a rendering error) 1132908: you can't scroll on long comments because the scroll bar disappears a split second after you get to the proof 1132432: all users can see the "Generate Proof" button. Even the ones who don't have a proof license By the way I've seen an error where the thumbnails are blank -- if anyone has an existing ticket I can group in with, that would be great. I've submitted 7 tickets over the past 7 days (not all for Proof), so at this point I'm having to choose my battles. I spend a lot of time on the phone with these tickets, so being able to say "I have the same problem as ticket _____" might save me a bit of time. thanks! -skye

Level 4
Skye I also had the grid issue and it is fixed, if you need my ticket for them to see how they fixed it-- Support Request #1131377: Grid on proof Thanks for the other ticket numbers. I have an issue with the drop down list of names cutting off like your comment ticket. I will be getting a ticket today for that. Samantha

Level 10
Thanks Samantha! Mine is still open from Wednesday so I will reference yours. -skye