Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront - Outlook Calendar Sync

Level 2
I am trying to find a way to have Outlook meetings pushed into Workfront. We are using Single-Sign On. We need to be able to see how much meeting time a person has on any given day whe allocating resources for a project. We are the only department in our company in Workfront. The company uses Outlook calendars to schedule all meetings. When someone accepts a meeting we need to be able to somehow mark the hours for that meeting in the persons WF calendar, so when we are allocating resources we can see the person has 3 hrs. worth of meetings in on any given day. Can't believe we would be the only people ever to have this issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Haz :-)
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 10
Hi Haziel, You're not the only one! We would also like to have visibility of Outlook calendar items in Workfront, but more importantly (to us) we need to be able to do it the other way around so that Workfront tasks show up in our users' Outlook Exchange calendars. As you may know, there is a Workfront Outlook add-in, but it is not synced or integrated with users' main Outlook/Exchange calendars. There are some other major limitations to it which mean that we are unable to use it in our organisation....we have had to officially tell our users not to use it. For more info you can see https://communitybeta.workfront.com/p/fo/st/topic=39&post=947#p947 Please add your thoughts and needs here, as the Workfront product managers do read the community forum and the more customers asking for development of the Outlook add-in, the better chance it will get some action. Thanks, David.

Level 2
I echo your wants and needs for the Workfront due dates/tasks to show up in Outlook. I have a group of WF users who aren't as integrated into the system as our daily WF users and usually work on the road and sometimes do most of their business on their mobile phones during meetings and off site responsibilties,etc. but still need to be aware of their due dates, approvals, and project deadlines on the go. We've discussed this and the majority of this group felt like if they had due dates/reminders in their outlook calendar theat they'd feel more comfortable about and aware of their responsibilities.

Level 1
We would also love for Outlook calendars to sync with Workfront for the same reasons described in this thread!

Level 10
Hi Victoria and Kelly, Last week, I had a phone meeting with the Workfront product manager for Outlook and mobile (Anna Grigoryan). I hope she doesn't mind me paraphrasing her... What I understood is that there have been other customer requests for sync to regular Outlook/Exchange, however this has not been given priority when looking across all development plans. Office 365 integration is Workfront's current focus and this is where they will likely be developing some sort of calendar sync in the future (not likely to start on this development until later in the year). Whilst it's good that Workfront is taking steps towards this feature, we are not currently users of Office 365 and it is not a certainty that we will be, so I don't know if we will be able to benefit from the calendar sync if/when it is developed. I will however see if we can move towards it for some of the users that need it the most if it becomes available. Regards, David

Level 1
Hi David, This is great information! I appreciate the note!! Kelly

Level 9
David always has the best information. #SuperScout In Reply to Kelly Salvador:
Hi David, This is great information! I appreciate the note!! Kelly
-Nate Bagley --- Workfront Community Manager - Work Smart, Work Happy Message me directly at:

Level 2
David, Thanks for the update. Hopefully they will address this sooner rather than later.