Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Workfront functionality question for tasks where there is a predecessor identified but then task completion date is modified to have a task constraint of "Must start on" or "must finish on" , then task showing as "At risk"

Avatar

Level 5

Hi All - wondering about the functionality of this scenario... we have a schedule with predecessors and task constraints of "as soon as possible", but in the generation of the schedule we find we can modify some tasks to happen on specific dates, so we change those tasks to a specific date and task constraint of "must start on" or "must finish on". The Progress Status of that task then typically flips to At Risk, even though it is a date later in the future. Is this because the tool still sees that there is a predecessor identified? Do we need to delete predecessor when we make those types of manual changes?

Thanks all!

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Avatar

Level 10

Hi Olivia,

To understand the "At Risk" change, I'd suggest you navigate to the Tasks view on the Project, turn on the Gantt chart, and turn on the option to see the Projected Dates. By doing so, you can visualize how the Progress Status changes (On Time, At Risk, Late) as Projected Dates match and extend past their Planned Dates...particularly when you type in a "Must Finish On". Continuing to observe, recalculate the Project timeline, then notice how doing so might affect both the timing (e.g. in some cases "snapping" Tasks into new positions) and by extension, the Progress Statuses.

Regards,

Doug