Expand my Community achievements bar.

Outlook Calendar to Workfront Time-Off Calendars Integration

Level 2
Hello All! TLDR: Follow the GitHub link to see my Integration. I am admittedly pretty new to using Workfront's API, but I think I've put together something pretty useful for a non-native integration between Outlook Calendar and Workfront Time-Off Calendars. I spent a couple of months designing/developing a fully automated integration between our company's shared Outlook Leave Calendar and each individual users' Time-Off Calendar. Our organization has one shared calendar with leave events from all employees. Since we were already logging all of this information in one place it seemed redundant to also have employees add leave events to Workfront manually, so I developed this integration to automatically upload all Outlook leave events to each user's Time-Off Calendar. The Integration uses Powershell scripts to pull the data from Outlook and deposits it in a .csv which is then picked up by the Access database, organized and PUT to each associated user's reservedTime field in Workfront. If you are working on a similar integration, then maybe what I've created will be useful to you! In the GitHub Repository I've included a blank copy of the Access database, the two Powershell scripts, and a PDF with setup instructions. Check the README, the Workfront-API.txt is also included for anyone who's unfamiliar with Workfront API like me. "https://github.com/zacharypettit/LeaveCal.git" title="Integration Repository" https://github.com/zacharypettit/LeaveCal.git Credit to Hey!ScriptingGuy! for the base Powershell script I started with, also to Jonah McGee and Chris Virostko from Workfront customer support for helping me out with the Workfront side of it. Hope this is useful to someone! -Zach Zach Pettit
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Reply

Level 1

Kudos to you. Why is Workfront not adding something like this to their outlook integration? This idea has has been suggested as an improvement over 2 years ago and has hundreds of votes on it. Maybe they should consult you on this.