Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront Covid-19 Update

Level 1
I don't have a feline friend to keep me company, but I do have a lovely flower that "https://one.workfront.com/s/question/0D50z00006Px3DdCAJ/" brightens up my work corner!
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

11 Replies

Level 10
Thanks Nic, It's been Quite A Week. On a side note, the link in the email announcement that just came out (which I received oodles of times: one for each Workfront domain in which I have an active account) directs back into the Announcement section of Workfront, so the user who's been alerted can then read all of the details. By statistically-improbable coincidence, I happened to open an email sent to one of my (scant few) non-SysAdmin email addresses, and when I clicked the link in the email...no announcement. Curious, I chose another email, this time, sent to a SysAdmin, and when I clicked the link, then saw the Announcement as intended. Thinking the announcement was only sent to SysAdmins, I then re-checked my original email, and noticed that it, too, had indeed been sent to my SysAdmin account: I'd just logged in with my "usual" non-SysAdmin account. So, all is well -- if your intention was to email SysAdmins only and have them then read the Announcement -- that all indeed appears to be working as intended. But it then made me wonder... Given the nature of this particular announcement, does Workfront think it would it be appropriate, well received, and (if so) technically possible to at least have the announcement show up in each (non-SysAdmin) user's Notifications area (and/or email them, too)? Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Community Advisor
I hope I read Doug's message correctly--putting on my "user" hat, I'd be against all my users getting this message in their email. Absolutely none of my users have been wondering out loud, how Workfront has been handling this--just as they haven't been asking questions about Slack or Teams, Microsoft Office, Adobe Creative Cloud, and Chrome. So an email out would give them nothing that they have been wanting. I don't know if that's the right way to look at it, but I think it's definitely important to continue to talk about where to draw the line in terms of who gets what communication. So thanks Doug for bringing this up, and thanks Nic for the originating post. -skye

Level 1
Thank you both for the input. You're correct that Announcement Center messages only go to system admins. We have been receiving customer inquiries throughout last week about our plans for business continuity and support as the situation with the virus unfolds. Each system admin can make the judgment call in each unique circumstance about whether to forward the message on to their broader Workfront user group at their company or not. Nic Bryson

Level 10
Thanks Nic. Best of both. Regards, Doug Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore

Level 10
I'm with Skye and going for "admin-only is fine, let me decide what to tell my users." As long as WF works, it works; users don't care how. And since I'm the funnel for all support requests, they care more about what I'm doing to keep things running or get them fixed. Some folks are curious, and I'll let them know of course. For the rest, it's just more email/notification noise and COVID-19 noise. We're in California so the news fatigue can be particularly exhausting. Like finding toilet paper at a grocery store. *yeesh* Despite as harsh as that all sounds, I was very happy to hear from a support rep. that WF had been fine-tuning it's WFH systems and process in preparation for the day they'd let everyone stay home. I think the more companies that do this the better things will work out for the progression of the pandemic as a whole. As an important aside: my best wishes to everyone in the Community as well: you folks are great and a definite bright spot in my day-to-day WF responsibilities. Stay safe! Kevin Quosig

Level 10
Thank you for the update. Here's my working from home pal helping me read my daily digest.

Level 7
Hi @Nic Bryson In relation to this, are there any plans or a chance that the next release will be postponed? On a side note, I have just been looking at the known issues for classic and noticied there is a considerable amount on there. Will these be priortised before or as part of the next release? Thanks, Vicky Vicky Fitzgerald Telegraph Media Group Limited

Employee
Hi Vicky, I'm going to jump in for Nic here and say that we are actively working to resolve known issues and things evolve on a daily basis in relation to all of the changes that we are seeing, so we will let you know if anything changes in terms of releases or timeframes. Thank you for participating in the community! Kyna

Level 10
I have to agree with Skye. There isn't a need for all our users to get the message. Susan

Level 10
Jill, it seems felines enjoy Workfront time... Kevin Quosig

Employee
I don't have a feline friend to keep me company, but I do have a lovely flower that "https://community.workfront.com/discussions/community-home/digestviewer/viewthread?GroupId=151&MessageKey=9deba2b8-47c9-43a8-afad-8a4c7b3a7194&CommunityKey=aaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567&tab=digestviewer&ReturnUrl=%2fdiscussions%2fcommunity-home%2fdigestviewer%3fCommunityKey%3daaafaff0-5e4e-4e38-8903-f1f990935567" brightens up my work corner!