Expand my Community achievements bar.

Workfront certified system admin spotlight: Linnie Ciepielowski

Employee

I cannot wait for you all to learn more about @Linnie Ciepielowski‚ ‚Äîan excellent system admin and overall stellar human being. Congratulations on your Workfront system admin certification, Linnie!

Workfront: What was your background before learning Workfront?

Linnie: Before learning Workfront, I held several non-technical roles for national trade associations (Marketing Coordinator, Creative Production Manager). In each of these, I was tasked with finding, mastering and implementing a work management solution to support the marketing and creative teams. In doing so, I developed an aptitude for organizing people and processes – and of course, configuring Workfront! I soon realized that I wanted to be a system administrator full-time and started searching for roles that fit. Now, I am a Workfront system administrator at Esri, a GIS software company based in Redlands, California.

Workfront: In two sentences or less, how does your organization use Workfront?

Linnie: Esri’s Marketing division uses Workfront to manage new requests, prioritize projects, and review and approve creative assets. We also leverage Workfront’s reports, dashboards, and resource management tools to measure KPIs, track in-flight work, and to forecast resource requirements.

Workfront: What is the Workfront accomplishment you are most proud of?

Linnie: At Esri, I’m privileged to work with an excellent team of project managers and change management experts who won a 2019 Lion Award (Change Leader). Getting to work in Esri’s award-winning Workfront instance has proven to be quite an education in terms of learning how to stand up and optimize workflows. We have a great team here!

Workfront: How will being Workfront system admin certified change things for you?

Linnie: Completing this certification has helped validate my experience as a Workfront system administrator. Not to mention, it also looks great in performance reviews.

Workfront: If you could time travel and go back tell your newbie-Workfront self anything, what would it be?

Linnie: When you’re implementing a new instance, consider the reporting requirements at the same time. A lot of new users tend to dig into the reporting last, but your reporting capabilities might be limited by how you choose to configure your request queue intake forms and project templates. So always make sure to document the reporting requirements upfront!

Workfront: What areas of work management do you consider yourself an expert in?

Linnie: I’m a huge reporting nerd, so probably that! Within reporting, I enjoy finding creative ways to use calculated fields to get the data I’m looking for.

Workfront: Finally, as a fun way to get to know you, when you get snacky and need a quick treat‚Äîwhat is your favorite “vice”?

Linnie: It’s not exactly a snack, but I’ll never say no to a plate of buffalo wings. It’s the one thing I can’t resist.

I think we'll have to all reach out to Linnie more for reporting and calculated field questions soon... and in my own personal opinion, to find out what her favorite buffalo wing recipe is (I just can't get on the buffalo flavor train!)

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

0 Replies