Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Workflow suggestion for proofing Markdown files in Workfront?

Level 1

The developer for our new WordPress site is requesting that we submitt a large portion of our new text content formatted in Markdown. Unforunately, Workfront proofing does not accept .md files and I am wondering if anyone has a suggestion for a workflow to support reviewing and approving the Markdown content in Workfront?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

Interesting Rayma,

I am intrigued, and am investigating. If I make any progress with the latter, I'll let you know.

Regards,

Doug

Back again (aready) Rayma,

Although what I really meant by investigating was "investigating a way to upload Markdown files into have them render (usefully) in ProofHQ", what I inadvertently discovered was this workaround, in case it is Good Enough For Now for you:

• copy the entire contents of a given Markdown file
  • navigate to https://markdowntohtml.com
  • paste those contents, convert them to HTML, then copy the resulting HTML
  • paste that HTML content into a new file and save it as an HTML file; optionally including the original Markdown file's contents as text (e.g. at the end, as text, by convention)
  • upload the HTML file into ProofHQ as a "proxy" for the Markdown file

Regards,

Doug