Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Why does my proejcts planned start date not match the start date of the first task in the project?

Level 2

Why does my projects planned start date not match the start date of the first task in the project?

In theory they should be the same thing! But in the project details field, the planned start date is often not the same as the date the first task has documented as a start date.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In the overview area of your template details, is your template set to work by Start Date? If it's start date, you can set the planned start date of the project (and first task's start date will be that date). If it's completion date, the tasks work backward from the completion date (based on constraints, predecessors, etc.).

If the template is already on start date mode, check your task constraints that none are a must finish/start on and have been modified or something.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

In the overview area of your template details, is your template set to work by Start Date? If it's start date, you can set the planned start date of the project (and first task's start date will be that date). If it's completion date, the tasks work backward from the completion date (based on constraints, predecessors, etc.).

If the template is already on start date mode, check your task constraints that none are a must finish/start on and have been modified or something.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )