Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Start On Date of First Task in a Project to a Program Report?

Level 2

Hello! Is there a way to add the start dat4e of the first task in a project to a program level report?

There might be different tasks that start our the project each time? I would also only want to see the first project's task start on date in the that program.

We tried using the projects planned start date but that date does not always match the start on date of the first task in the project.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My recommendation is to have a task report grouped by project and program or just a project column and grouped by program. You can't in-line edit fields in a report unless it's a like object (so edit task-related fields in a task report). You can't group by program natively in a task report, but you can with this text mode grouping:
group.0.linkedname=project
group.0.name=
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=project:program:name
group.0.valuefield=project:program:name
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

And of course have columns in the report for fields you need, like planned start date in your case.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

My recommendation is to have a task report grouped by project and program or just a project column and grouped by program. You can't in-line edit fields in a report unless it's a like object (so edit task-related fields in a task report). You can't group by program natively in a task report, but you can with this text mode grouping:
group.0.linkedname=project
group.0.name=
group.0.namekeyargkey.0=project
group.0.namekeyargkey.1=project:program:name
group.0.valuefield=project:program:name
group.0.valueformat=HTML
textmode=true

And of course have columns in the report for fields you need, like planned start date in your case.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )