Expand my Community achievements bar.

Come join us for our Coffee Break this WEDNESDAY on top takeaways from Adobe Summit!

Who would like the Timesheets in Workfront to high..

Level 7
Who would like the Timesheets in Workfront to highlight every other row (or something like that) to help highlight the lines a user is on when entering time? https://one.workfront.com/s/idea/0870z000000PSYWAA4/detail
7 Replies

Community Advisor

I could go either way on this. Most of my team has just a few tasks, at most, under each project at any given time. So their timesheets are sufficiently highlighted with the project name.

I, however, have a ton of tasks and issues under 1 particular project and would greatly benefit from every other row highlighting.

So ultimately, I think I would say if a project shows more than 3 tasks and/or issues then highlighting would be nice.

Level 10

Thank you David: please consider your elegant idea snitched for a future release of our UberTimesheet solution.

Along the same lines, we recently enhanced it to include a quick filter (e.g. type in a search string to then reduce the visible timesheet rows to show only those that match); and added a "time spreader" feature, whereby a user can enter the total number of hours they worked on a given day, click the checkbox beside those Tasks they worked on that day, and then "spread" those hours evenly across those tasks.

Regards,

Doug

Hi Doug, I appreciate how speedy you are hopping on these posts with solutions. However, we already invest enough money into Workfront and have no interest in paying another $12k a year for a 3rd party solution when Workfront should just make this an update.

Level 6

Hi David, would this help in the meantime? https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/workfront-highlighter/kadjcbfdbnadgekfjjkiebkiakcjfeje

One of our developers created it to add as an extension to our browsers. Hope you can access it.

Level 7

Thanks Jane, love the idea. I have a developer who made something like this as a personal tool to help him on this side as well. The fact that it took him about an hour is one of the reasons why I'd like Workfront to just get this added. The extension your developer made is specific to your company as it's reading the URL for your instance of Workfront so we couldn't use this but thank you for sharing!

Level 6

We have created a script for the browser add-on "Tampermonkey" that takes of a couple of things on the timesheet page:

• Highlight any entries without a comment
  • Enforce 0,25 steps for hour entries
  • Allow for dot and comma as separator
  • Block the Close button as long as there are any entries without a comment
  • Display the Customer name next to the project name
  • Deactivated fields for tasks that are set to complete
  • Show normtime for that timesheet based on the user's schedule (and show delta to total hours)

Level 7

Those are awesome improvements. Some of that's exactly what I'd like to see Workfront incorporate into their tool.