Expand my Community achievements bar.

When using an email alias for updates, team members on the alias are not receiving notifications. How does one ensure that members of an email alias receive update notification?

Level 1

When using an email alias for updates, team members on the alias are not receiving notifications to their outlook inbox. How does one ensure that members of an email alias receive update notification?

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Are you sure that this is a problem with Workfront and not how the emails are being routed and delivered on your domain?

Assuming that the "email alias" has a user account within Workfront you can to edit the user and review the notifications to see if there are any options which help you.

Level 1

Thanks for the response. Not sure it would be a domain issue, because we do get notifications. However, we only get them when individuals are listed, not the Alias.  I can see that the Alias comes up as a 'Team' in Workfront.  Based on your note, I think I need to investigate whether the alias can be set up as a user account. Thoughts?

Community Advisor

Richard is correct. If you set the alias as a user and then assign that user, your email system will re-mail any notification to the users on that alias. Once the single notofication goes from Workfront to the alias address, your email system does the rest.

You can even call the User Firstname: Business Unit and Lastname: Team. This way it will appear as "Business Unit Team" in Workfront.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.
If you like my content, please take a moment to view and vote on my Idea Requests: https://tinyurl.com/mysocalledideas

Level 1

Thanks for the follow up.  Didn't get a chance to try out this solution. Issue was solved by an Admin going in and updating notification settings for each individual on the Team distro.