Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is a 'Work Item' object/report?

Level 10
Hi - what is the 'Work Item' object and what is the purpose of a 'Work Item' report? Also, how is it related to an Assignment object? Basically - I am just keen to know wthat it is for and whether there is any benefit to reporting on it. Thanks
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

3 Replies

Level 2
Work item reports allow you to show (in a single list) all items on someone’s “Working On” list whether the items are tasks or issues. We use it for a “Current Assignments” report that allows managers to see all their teams current items quickly via a tab in their layout template’s “Reporting” area. Tim Golden T: +1 804.775.1417

Level 10
I’m going to take a complete guess here. Let’s see how I do: 1) A work item is any kind of labor needed of a person; 2) A work item can be an assignment - a task assigned to someone; 3) A work item can be a person assigned to an issue; 4) A work item can be created ad hoc and assigned to a person; 5) I think the work item table is a place you can go and see everything people want someone to work on, regardless of what type of work that is; Does that make sense? As to the Snooze Date or Is Dead attributes, well, those sound intriguing and I’m curious as to how they are set. Thanks, Eric

Level 10
Thanks Tim and Eric. That makes sense.....should be useful.