Expand my Community achievements bar.

What is a good content document solution? We currently use Google docs but continually run into permission issues. I'm curious to hear what other marketing teams have tried.

Level 1

We are new to Workfront (launched 06.16.20) and have struggled to address the lack of an internal copy system. Our previous system (Basecamp) offered writeboards so any copy generated was automatically attached to a specific project and available to all team members. Since our launch, we switched to Google docs but continue to run into permission issues. I'm just curious to hear what some other marketing teams use for their content documents.

I really appreciate your help.

Best,

Rachelle Dilley

Project Manager

University of Arizona

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

8 Replies

Level 10

We just launched sharepoint integration with Workfront and I’m very happy with it. Permissions don’t expire and the documents look like documents in Workfront, not a url link. We’ve had some syncing issues with local computers but that’s our own IT problems that aren’t the fault of sharepoint.

Level 1

Hi there. Could you tell me if your SharePoint is on-premise or cloud based? We have on premise, and I think that integration is not possible between Workfront and SharePoint, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any info you can share.

Level 10
The way I understand it is that Sharepoint is in the cloud, and then it syncs to everyone’s personal computer so it shows up like a normal folder in the folder list on everyone’s computer. The syncing is where we ran into trouble. We had one person’s computer overwriting everything on the Sharepoint every morning when she logged on and the sync started, even though she never opened any of the documents, wiping out edits made the previous day. Supposedly it’s fixed but now I’m suspicious and have to monitor it daily.

Level 10

Hi @Rachelle Dilley‚

yes, agree with @Jill Ackerman‚

The sharepoint integration is one of the best. Even the shared link cannot be opened by others until the access is given. Working great in our organisation.

Mvh

Kundan.

Level 1

Hi there. Could you tell me if your SharePoint is on-premise or cloud based? We have on premise, and I think that integration is not possible between Workfront and on-premise SharePoint, but I'm not sure. Thanks for any info you can share.