Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

What column, view, or grouping would I use to yield a report that shows users using New Experience vs the Classic UI?

Level 3

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

haha!

I don't even know why I said that. I totally misread the question. For some reason I thought it was asking about users in Home vs users in My Work. The fieldname for users in Classic vs New Experience is "Has Quicksilver". By now it's invisible, but for example I made a column thusly (stole the code from another "has" field):

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=hasQuicksilver

querysort=hasQuicksilver

textmode=true

valuefield=hasQuicksilver

valueformat=booleanMessage

And I promise there's really no way to report on users in Home vs My Work.

View solution in original post

8 Replies

Community Advisor

there's no way to access this on our (the customer) end.

Level 10

Actually...I figured out a way, Skye.

I'll follow up with a NWE User Count Package that folks who would like a chart showing the number of Users in Classic vs NWE can deploy into their own Workfront domain.

I do have some other items that need my attention at the moment, so I invite those who are interested to kindly comment here so I can gauge the priority.

Regards,

Doug

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

haha!

I don't even know why I said that. I totally misread the question. For some reason I thought it was asking about users in Home vs users in My Work. The fieldname for users in Classic vs New Experience is "Has Quicksilver". By now it's invisible, but for example I made a column thusly (stole the code from another "has" field):

displayname=

linkedname=direct

namekey=hasQuicksilver

querysort=hasQuicksilver

textmode=true

valuefield=hasQuicksilver

valueformat=booleanMessage

And I promise there's really no way to report on users in Home vs My Work.

Level 3

Skye, this is perfect. Thank you!! I had submitted a ticket to WF support and they said there's no way to report on this. Looks like you outsmarted WF! :-) Well done. I had added a custom field to the users, so that whenever I enrolled someone in NWE, I just put a checked that field. That worked just fine - I can report and chart enrollments. But this is better - now I don't have to remember to update their accounts when I enroll them.

Level 7

This is super helpful @Skye Hansen‚ ! Thank you! Exactly what I needed.

Community Advisor

Thank you @Skye Hansen‚ and @Dave Dorman‚ this isn't something I would've thought of to report on but it will definitely come in handy as we transition users over keeping track on who still needs to switch.

Level 2

This helped me so much! Thank you @Skye Hansen‚ 😄