Expand my Community achievements bar.

WFPro

Level 10

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Visit the New Workfront-Powered WFPro Site for the latest!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello and welcome to the official WFPro community post.

For those of you who don't know me, I'm Narayan, the creator of WF-Pro.com and a lead system administrator of Workfront for a financial institution. There have been sporadic posts related to WFPro over the past year in the community discussion boards. In an effort to reduce noise in the discussion boards, this post will serve as the single place for WFPro information dissemination.

Feel free to reply to this thread with any questions or comments and I'll be happy to reply. Let's start with a glimpse of WFPro where, with #TheWFProWay and some wicked technology, we've reached a state of work management bliss never before realized. Step into the WFPro world and let's bring you to the same level of sophistication in your environment. If you like what you see, I suggest watching the WFPro Live video series beginning with WFPro Live #01.

0690z000008K94XAAS.png

WFPro Live - See the agenda for the next session of WFPro Live, which is a live presentation where we discuss topics of interest to Workfront system admins, group admins, planners, workers and reviewers alike. Check out the WFPro YouTube channel if you've missed any of the previous episodes. See the WFPro Live Archive - If you'd like to see the agendas for past events, this is your place. You'll also begin to see direct links from agenda topics to the segment of the YouTube recording. The goal is to ensure you can quickly access the desired content within the typically hour long WFPro Live session.

0690z000008K94JAAS.png

WFPro Live Text Mode Exercise - For those of you who have watched the text mode exercises covered in WFPro Live 1 onward, here's the report with the latest edits applied. For anyone interested in catching up, several WFPro Live sessions contain segments where the code is written to produce the output in the report. So, you'll have to watch the series to see how it was all created!

0690z000008K94cAAC.png

WFPro Branding - For my marketing / web developers, this is my way of eliminating graphic design tools since Workfront gets the job done with a little help from CSS and HTML because why not?

0690z000008K94mAAC.png

WFPro Text Mode Library Lite - The new version of what began as the WF-Pro.com Text Mode Library in WordPress is now moving to a Workfront-powered solution in WARP. See the original community post from 11/21/18 when the site was launched for context. If you're interested in the latest published text mode examples, this is a good place to look. Contact Us if you have examples you'd like to add to the library. For my WARP colleagues, the WFPro Text Mode dashboard is your spot for an improved (though needing some volunteers to curate) experience.

0690z000008K94rAAC.png

WFPro Catalog - Packages reviewed during WFPro Live sessions are published here with more context. For those who are interested in installing WFPro packages, this catalog provides all of the packages and licensing details in a printable "glossy".

0690z000008K94wAAC.png

To get the latest updates and see when videos are posted, subscribe to the YouTube channel, follow WFPro on Twitter and connect with me on LinkedIn if we know one another!

9 Replies

Level 10

Happy Friday, I have a couple of announcements to share:

1. The original "WFPro" post in this thread has been updated with a ton of new information so make sure you check out the latest and bookmark the page as more will be surely be added.
  2. WFPro Live 6 is scheduled for next Wednesday, October 30th at 1pm Eastern.‚ The agenda is included in the "WFPro" post.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 10

Happy Tuesday!

I'm excited to announce WFPro Live 7, which is scheduled for this Friday at 1:00 PM Eastern.‚ In this session, guest @Doug Den Hoed - AtAppStore, and I will demonstrate how we can take an idea for a product in Workfront to market in 60 minutes or less.

This session will be quite different from the previous sessions, but will be full of perfect examples of web based collaboration at its finest. So strap on your seatbelts and get ready for an immersive development experience as we explore the beauty of Workfront "Classic" in a whole new way.

Thanks,

Narayan

Level 10

Check out this YouTube recording on WFPro Classic vs New from the reporting perspective. https://youtu.be/N4W0XFlMNSY Related to this community post: https://tinyurl.com/WFProClassicVsNew1 #WFProNews

Level 10

You may wonder, where did this WFPro thing really come from? While this isn't the only driver, its significance is worth taking a moment to recognize. What I recall is that sometime in the mid-2010s, Workfront stopped using their own product to accept customer support requests, which seriously undermined the power of the platform and took a customer out of Workfront for submitting requests just as I was learning to configure Workfront to accept requests. Confused but still confident in the platform, I saw the potential for everything, and I mean everything, operational to exist in a single Workfront instance. In other words, I knew it was an Operational System of Record (OSR) but just didn't have the acronym to put behind it. And so it began... the idea for WFPro was born. Whether it be software development, configuration, collaboration, communication, work, documentation, public content, private tools, research, etc., WFPro handles it well and reinforces just how Workfront is undeniably in a league of its own. http://bit.ly/WFProPublic #WFProNews

Level 10
Do you ever watch Windows defragmentation? If you did, then you have a good idea what my daily routine is like. Every day I repeatedly step through the various tools I've developed looking for pain points along the way so I can fix them. Sometimes I fix a typo, other times I rearchitect the entire thing. Defragmenting my work on a daily basis results in continuous improvement. I'm not sure Windows defrag ever did anything other than give the illusion of organization.

Level 10

Some of the most important #WFProDevelopment recently occurred. A new WFPro Object and Package was defined this week called Discussion, which exposes communication in Workfront in a "replace email" sort of fashion, a challenge once presented to me by a colleague in a "yeah right, isn't possible" sort of manner. Add WFPro Discussion to the growing list of WFPro objects (FAQ, Version, Manifest, Release, Work Item, Event, Bug, Punch List, etc.) http://bit.ly/WFProDiscussionBoard

1. Admin the Content

0690z000008K95VAAS.png

2. Use the Content to Work

0690z000008K95aAAC.png

3. Consume Publicly/Interact Privately

0690z000008K95pAAC.png

Level 10
I'm finally ready to say goodbye to PowerPoint presentations as I've been asked to provide more "slides" for a leadership "deck". After 5 years of creating and updating these things over and over again, I'm finally ready to tackle this challenge head on with some . Let's call it WFPro Present, and what it will provide is an intuitive interface that pulls it all together. For the first use case, I'll tackle an executive summary, where according to the data in my instance, it will answer the following: Who am I? What group am I in? Who are my teammates? What do we do? Who do we serve? How do you engage us? What have we developed? How is what we developed used? What are the Utilization Stats? Where can I find more information?

Level 10

Hey Workfronters...

Today I'm resisting the urge to open Gmail for anything work-related as a personal test. With the new WFPro "Discussions" object, communication is now completely in context in Workfront so why bother spamming myself from Workfront? Soon I'll be able to disable all of my Workfront email notifications in all instances I work in, which is a major goal of mine. Today, I'll try it in WARP. Yes, I believe in the product that much. Deactivate all email notifications complete! #WFProDevelopment

Message me if you're interested in learning more about WFPro Discussions.0690z000008K95zAAC.png0690z000008K964AAC.png

Level 10
I can finally estimate that 99.999% of my work across Truist Financial and WFPro are now in two Workfront instances. Both instances are running WFPro Suite and packages (configurations) are flowing between the two when the need presents itself. This is a major milestone for me. A personal pat on the back for 20 years of hard work seeking the best digital collaboration possible on the planet. I believe this counts as working boldly.