Expand my Community achievements bar.

WF Outage Notifications

Level 3
Is there an RSS feed or some other capacity for WF to notify us when the system is down? We only learned of last week's outage when our users called us to tell us the system was down. We would like to know that ASAP before others. Thank you. Steve Theobald PMP OH-DAS
4 Replies

Level 10
normally Workfront directs us to use and subscribe to trust.workfront.com but the conversation on the forum last week centered around how email notifications came later than we would like to see them. If you have a CSM, I would definitely talk to them to find out how Workfront is improving this area. -skye

Level 7
Hi Steve, We would recommend going to

Level 10
Dustin – Did the outage of the WorkFront clusters impact Workfront's ability to send emails out of their Exchange system? Did it somehow compromise Tech Support's ability to send emails? If not, then I think it reasonable for WorkFront Tech Support to send an email out to Admins letting them know. I don't think it is reasonable to justify non-communication through saying our normal automated process of notification was down so we did nothing else. There are always alternatives and always other options. Thanks, Eric

Level 7
Hey Eric, We don't actually use Microsoft Exchange as our email provider. We also have a different email provider for employee email vs system email. In some situations, you may have an arrangement with your Assigned Support Engineer to notify you of an outage. In some cases, like mine, I found out about the outage about an hour after it happened, and didn't even get to the office for another hour on top of that, and by that time I was backed up trying to get to my clients. Not that this is an excuse, but it's a learning experience to be sure. Side note on that, we (or at least the folks around me) were unaware that emails weren't even getting delivered, or were severely delayed. I can only speak for myself in this instance, but I believe going forward that we won't see an outage of this magnitude again, simply because of what caused the delay for the failover, has been fixed, we're doing upgrades to our primary data center, and are putting steps in place to prevent this from having such an impact again. I would recommend reaching out to your ASE to ask her if she can notify you (and potentially other admins in your instance) if/when Workfront has an outage like this again. Thanks, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend! *Edit: One more thing, we like to utilize the announcement center for major announcements, which would have been just as delayed, so that's unfortunately not an option in this specific scenario. Dustin Martin Tier 2 Assigned Support Engineer Workfront