Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Weekly Reminder to Log Time on

Level 8

I'm trying to set up a reminder notification for my team, but am finding that I'm restricted by a lot of the criteria. I want to send an email once a week, to everyone in my team, on Friday afternoon, to log their time.

How can I set up this simple of a notification? All the available criteria are too specific.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Something I have done for a few departments is send them a Repeating Delivery report on Friday afternoons with their assignments for the week and the project's job number to help out.

It is an assignment report (that way you get both Issues and Tasks if you'd like and can group by Assigned To and not worry about missing anything because they are not the Task Owner).

The report not only reminds them to do their time sheet, but also reminds them of what they were supposed to be doing this week. (Now, I include not only things due this week, but also include things that are overdue in case a task from last week wasn't updated by the PM and the person did some work on it this week. But that is just me).

Let me know if that helps.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Not a Workfront solution - but we set up a recurring meeting invite in Outlook for our team to remind them to do their timesheets.

Level 8

Bummer. I'm really trying to build trust with Workfront and it not being able to send simple weekly reminders may not resonate great with the team. Is there any way to do it with custom HTML email templates that you know of? @Anthony Imgrund‚ have you found any ways to do this in all your years with WF?

Correct answer by
Level 10

Something I have done for a few departments is send them a Repeating Delivery report on Friday afternoons with their assignments for the week and the project's job number to help out.

It is an assignment report (that way you get both Issues and Tasks if you'd like and can group by Assigned To and not worry about missing anything because they are not the Task Owner).

The report not only reminds them to do their time sheet, but also reminds them of what they were supposed to be doing this week. (Now, I include not only things due this week, but also include things that are overdue in case a task from last week wasn't updated by the PM and the person did some work on it this week. But that is just me).

Let me know if that helps.

Level 8

That got the wheels turning for sure. I think I've come up with a hybrid solution. @Heather Kulbacki‚ mentioned recurring tasks in one of her ideas on the innovation lab, and I had completely forgotten about hybrid tasks. I'm messing with recurring a recurring task experiment to a small group of users to remind them to log their time. It's elective since not all my users struggle to log their time, but I think it will help.

The benefit of doing this versus a report is they can check it off and I can track that much easier. I think I'll include a link to a report similar to what you were referencing in the task as well. Thanks!!