Expand my Community achievements bar.

We have a few tasks that happen on a Planned project before it moves to Current. Because tasks on a project in Planning don't show on the Lion/homepage we created a report that shows planned tasks two weeks out.

Level 3

The challenge we have is that these tasks have multiple resources on them. So even if a resource marks their part complete it will show in their report until all resources mark their part complete. I have a filter that says dont show completed tasks but that task wont show completed until all resources mark their part done. Any ideas for filters or reporting features that will make this task disappear after the user has completed their part even if the other resources havent yet?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10

We had this problem when we first deployed. Sounds like you are using a Task report, where you need to use an Assignment report.

Level 3

Very cool. Do I just look up Assignment Report? I wasnt aware of them. Any tips for setting up an assignment report. What is the difference?

Level 10

When creating a report, the dropdown for types like Projects, Tasks, etc. there is a selection for Assignment.

Assignment reports look at it from the user (assignee) perspective instead of the point of view of the task (which only sees broader ideas like "everyone assigned").

I didn't know about them either until I saw a post here in the Community and I went poking around. I've been learning-from-the-hip since we started deployment. 😉

An assignment-based report is the only way I know of around the "it doesn't disappear from my dashboard" on tasks that are assigned to multiple people (which we do quite a bit around here). I tried for months to get Task reports to do this, and while I got close, it was clunky and still didn't catch all scenarios.