Expand my Community achievements bar.

Watching an Issue

Level 4
I might be missing something obvious but is there a way to set individuals on an Issue as Watchers so they get copied on any human-created updates added to that Issue? For those who have used JIRA, the ability for any user to add any other user as a Watcher on an item was one of the best features of the system. This provided for maximum visibility. From what I can tell, the only way to do it in Workfront is to add everyone as an assignee (which, from a process standpoint, is not necessarily the right thing to do because they might not actually be doing any work and assignees should be people expected to resolve the issue) or add the list of people who need to be aware manually every time an update is entered (if there are 20 people every time, this becomes too easy to forget/miss and then people miss vital updates). Any thoughts?
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 1
We have the exact same issue on our end as well. Would be great to find a solve for this.

Level 7
Yes, I would like this too, and it's on Workfront's Roadmap (to be able to "follow" and issue). For the time being, we do what you suggest as add them as assignee's. If you have a lot of people, if they are the same group of people, you could set up a Team and when you want to "include them in the conversation", type the team name in instead of the individuals.

Level 10
Hi All, I hope you have noticed that we have released the ability to "https://support.workfront.com/hc/en-us/articles/115000097553-Subscribing-to-Items-in-Workfront">Subscribe to projects/tasks and issues with the recent release. Did you have a chance to try it? How has this feature helped you and your team members? Cheers, ANNA GRIGORYAN Group Product Manager Workfront

Level 4
Yes! As a Manager of Project Managers, it's helping me keep an eye on our "hot" projects Phil

Level 8
We've attempted to use the new subscribe feature, but it's not very useful in its current state. I've seen that soon (in the next update) it will give in-system notifications as well as an email notification -- and that will help some but still falls short of what we are looking for. What we need is the ability to subscribe to items in bulk AND the ability to subscribe other users before it truly becomes a useful solution for us. I have both these requests already in the Idea Exchange. Matt May Stream Companies

Level 4
Kludge: If you are sys admin you can login as that user and subscribe them to anything they have access to. ~Jeff Jeff Rieth Fujifilm Medical Systems