Expand my Community achievements bar.

View the date a task or issue entered its current status in a report

Level 8

Is there a way to get the date that a task or issue entered its current status in a report? I'm aware of the system updates log that's visible on the task or issue itself, but is it possible to pull this into a report?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

7 Replies

Level 8

Hi Workfront Community! Does anyone know if the reporting scenario I posted is possible? Just thought I'd follow up in case a few people see this today. If not, I will post it to the Innovation Lab.

Thanks!

Sydney

Employee

Hi Sydney,

I think this conversation about calculating how long a task is in a specific status might help. This is one is not as directly related, but here @Anthony Imgrund‚ and @Abhipsita Bose - inactive‚ seem to have been talking about something similar. In this thread @Theresa Kiernan‚ was trying to capture the first time a project is set to Current - so not a task, but I thought it would be interesting for you to read.

Hopefully that gives you some good ideas!

Kyna

Level 8

Thank you Kyna! I will take a look at these threads this week. I really appreciate your reply! 😊

Employee Advisor

@Sydney Peterson‚

If you follow the step-by-step instructions for Example #1 in the blog, Save Time Using Calculated Fields, it will show you how to track the dates of status changes. If you have any questions, let me know!

Level 8

Thank you @Nichole Vargas‚ This is a great first step, so I appreciate you letting me know about this!

It does seem like this calculated custom field will track only the first status change date, and I'm looking for the date that the current status was set. It's definitely still worth trying out that calculated field though!

Employee Advisor

@Sydney Peterson‚ Could you elaborate on this -- most tasks and issues, by default, are set to New to start and then when a user updates the status when they start working, it typically goes to In Progress. So, how does your organization define the status, Current, on both tasks and issues? Is that equivalent to In Progress?

Level 4

Hi @Sydney Peterson‚ -

Did you ever figure this out? I would also love to pull the last date the status changed to On Hold into a on hold project report, but have not been able to find a way to do so.

Kristina