Expand my Community achievements bar.

The Community Advisors application is now OPEN for the second class of 2024. Apply to become a part of this exclusive program!
SOLVED

View Board Assignment in Workload Balancer

Level 1

If there a way to see assignments made in Boards in Workload Balancer?  I can see the assignment in the task list, but it doesn't include the planned hours entered in the estimated time field of the board

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Have you added hours to the task and an assignee? The task still needs to adhere to the rules set forth to appear in Balancer.

A good way to think of it is that your Boards card should just be an extension of an already correctly configured task or issue. Then that task or issue will show up in Balancer, reports, etc. like it should, while still having the convenience of a kanban board.

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Level 10

Are you referring to a card created in boards? The only way I have found to do this (as well as reporting on tasks created in Boards) is to link them to a task or issue in a project, or create a new linked task or issue.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 1

Yes this is the problem.  I linked the card to the Workfront project, and it creates the task line, but still doesn't show up in Workload balancer. 

Correct answer by
Level 10

Have you added hours to the task and an assignee? The task still needs to adhere to the rules set forth to appear in Balancer.

A good way to think of it is that your Boards card should just be an extension of an already correctly configured task or issue. Then that task or issue will show up in Balancer, reports, etc. like it should, while still having the convenience of a kanban board.

Level 1

Thank you Randy.  That makes sense. I think I was doing things in the wrong order.