Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Using Text Mode to create a Task Approval Status Column on a Project Report

Level 4

I have created a Project report that shows a text mode column for the current task on a project; however, that field comes up blank for some projects. What I've realized is that it is blank because its predecessor task still has an approval pending on it, even though the task itself has been marked complete. With an enforced predecessor, it is not deemed "ready to start". (is that correct logic to begin with?)

Is there a way to show on a Project report if a project has a pending task approval? Even better if it could show the task name and the person who needs to approve.

Edited to add that I've scoured the community/One site and other resources already provided to me and I can't seem to figure this one out on my own.

Thank you!

3 Replies

Level 10

Hi Heather,

I'd suggest you use this Predecessor Details article to expose each Task's Predecessors' Completion Dates along with their Status (which will have ":A" at the end if it is subject to Approval). That way, a Task that is Not Ready To Start ( or if you prefer, which does not yet have a Handoff Date -- same idea) shown in another column in the view can relatively easily be "cross-checked" by observing that "the :A is in play".

Regards,

Doug

This is certainly helpful, but I was really hoping to not have to build out a separate Task Report. My goal is to have an "at a glance" project report for my PMs to show which projects are being held up at the task approvals step. Using the task report did help me confirm the reason why the current task was blank, so I guess that could be the indicator for the PMs to go in and check.

Thanks for the insight!

Level 3

Heather this code will help in pulling task information into a project report. It includes a specific task from a template and the person assigned. You can insert this code as a column in a project report.

displayname=Task Assignment

listdelimiter=

listmethod=nested(tasks).lists

textmode=true

type=iterate

valueexpression=IF({templateTask}.{ID}="Insert Task ID",CONCAT({assignedTo}.{name}))

valueformat=HTML