Expand my Community achievements bar.

Using Filtered Hour Types on Projects and Worksheet Issue

Level 3
My new boss has requested new ways of how we are spending our time. I have found that custom hour types can be added. I have created a new hour type of "Enhancement" with the scope being Project. I have created a brand new project, chose to Filter Hours and selected "Enhancement" as the only option for the project. I then assigned a task to myself and made the project as current. If I go to the project task and log hours, I get the ability to change the hour type from Task Time to Enhancement. I really don't want to have to change the hour type, I would prefer to have it defaulted to Enhancement. If we rely on the users to change, they will make mistakes. But I can manage that. However, we typically use the Timesheets and enter our time in from that page, where all of our assigned tasks are displayed at once. When filtered hour types are used and you only select one hour type, the timesheet doesn't allow you to change the hour type. It also adds the record as Task Time. Meaning that we cannot change it. Has anyone else come across this? Can it be fixed? Michael Schutte Odw Logistics, Inc.
0 Replies