Expand my Community achievements bar.

User is unable to view proofs from Proofs page

Level 3

I have a user who's set up as a Planner on Workfront. As a result, they have manage rights to proofs. However, when they go into the Proofs page, they only see two proofs from the dashboard, or the folders. But they can go to any project that they are allowed to see and view any and all proofs associated with that project from the documents section. I have another viewer who has the same permissions and is able to see all proofs when on the proofs page. Is there something that I am overlooking?

Thank you,

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Community Advisor

Based on documentation the manage setting only supplies view access to proofs shared with that user. My assumption would be that the user can see these proofs inside of Workfront through the document access rights that are inherited with a project but in the actual proof platform they wouldn't be able to see them. For the other user that CAN see the proofs in the proof platform I would check to see if those proofs were shared with that user through an approval workflow or some other means. 

Managers can: See, review, and approve proofs of other users that are explicitly shared with them 

Managers can't: View, edit, or delete proofs and files created by other users in the organization 

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/docs/workfront/using/review-and-approve-work/proofing/proofing-ov...

Level 7

Can you elaborate on what you mean by someone going to a Proofs page?  What do you mean by this?

Community Advisor

@mphowell - do you still need help with this or were you able to solve the problem?

Level 3

Apologies. I was able to correct it. Turns out it was an issue with the proof roles that were assigned to this user. I have to pretty much make anyone that needs to see proofs that aren't directly assigned to them a proof manager or higher. At least, that's how I managed to resolve this issue in the end. 

Thank you for all the help!