Expand my Community achievements bar.

Use SSO auto-provision to update user custom form?

Level 3
We have a user custom form that includes a couple fields like employee number and home cost center that are vital for timekeeping and reporting into SAP. Is there a way to have SSO auto-provisioning map our SSO field to the custom field? It appears that only standard user fields can be mapped in the map attributes area. Kurt Osterbusch Freeman Company
4 Replies

Level 10
I believe you are stuck with the standard fields in native WF. We use the API to accomplish exactly what you're doing (adding a form and Emp Number etc.). But maybe someone here has a clever way to do it without the API.

Level 8
I concur with Vic. We run into the same sort of issue with our clients using auto-provisioning. Our solution, since we have not set up our API's yet, is to simply run a new user report daily and manually add those attributes. It's not the greatest solution, but it does accomplish the goal. We use a User report type with the filter set to User: Entry Date - greater than equal $$TODAY. I hope that helps for now... Brandon Pritchard System Administrator iNHouse Marketing - Nationwide pritcb1@nationwide.com

Level 7
Hi Kurt, Brandon and Vic are spot on. Currently you can only map system fields. One of the customers I support has opted to use address 2 as an employee number, so.. you might be able to be creative in using some of the other fields to meet your needs. Best of luck! Dustin Martin Assigned Support Engineer Workfront

Level 3
Thanks for the feedback. We'll likely pursue the API route - just hoping for a "light weight" solution instead. Kurt Osterbusch Freeman Company