Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!

Use of Issues and best practices?

Level 2

There are project assignees on our team that want to build out more granular tasks and reminders for themselves. Is issues a good option for this and allowing users to create their own? Or is there a better approach?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10

I find too many issues clutters things up and feels redundant. Also they sit apart from the project in a way that can sometimes not be obvious how it integrates. Personally I think letting them add tasks, which can then have predecessors to the templated tasks, and be integrated into the project, is a better approach. You are lucky you have people that are using the tool to that degree, I wish I had more people who wanted to customize their projects and really make it work to manage deadlines.

Level 7

Hi Stephanie -

If the tasks and reminders don't count towards the progress of the project, you could have them create personal tasks in their Work List. Then only they see the task and it doesn't clutter the project schedule.

If the tasks need to track towards the projects progress, they could build a personal project schedule that includes only their tasks and reminders and create predecessor/successor relationships with the larger project schedule so the PM knows the status but it still reduces the size of the project schedule. In doing so, the individual could have work for many projects in one schedule.

Hope this helps,

Teale