Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Use conditional formatting in a text-mode field

Level 3

Hi

I have a project-level report. In this report, I have a text mode field that basically shows at which task this project is currently stuck on.

What I'd like to do is color code the row based on this field, so if it reads "Blocked," I want the entire row to be highlighted.

The tricky part is that this field does not really exist in the data schema so I was wondering how the syntax would look like?

I've been browsing through some relevant posts like How to set display rules in text mode - Adobe Experience League Community - 488385 and Comparing dates (and more!) with conditional forma... - Adobe Experience League Community - 518262

but I'm still unsure about how to achieve this.

Any insights would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MarTechMischief - If the text mode in your report is a valueexpression you won't be able to use native conditional formatting for that column

What you could do is look at other columns available to see how you could leverage those to color code the row. Example if the project condition is at risk or behind you could change the color of the whole row. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

@MarTechMischief - If the text mode in your report is a valueexpression you won't be able to use native conditional formatting for that column

What you could do is look at other columns available to see how you could leverage those to color code the row. Example if the project condition is at risk or behind you could change the color of the whole row. 

Level 3

It's useful to know the native conditional formatting is not supported if the valueexpression is in use.

I will look into other ways to do the color coding using the other fields as you suggested.

Thank you!

Community Advisor

@MarTechMischief -  Since the value expression data isn't stored data for Workfront to reference to format your field is really what it comes down to. Another option to consider is using a calculated field on your objects vs a calculated column. Then workfront will store that data and can use it for formatting. If using a another field on the object to format isn't an option then you could try this way instead.