Expand my Community achievements bar.

Urgent help! Resource Pools

Level 2
We just had some major changes within our department. I need to quickly understand resource vs legacy resource pools so that I can get a quick plan together for planning with our current resources and many competing priorities. I have a Digital focused team (UAT/website fron end dev) Creative Design Digital Production (email campaigns/paid ad campaigns) Content (blogs/social posts) Marketing Managers Vendor Retainer contracts that we need to manage Also what if I need to use a combination of the above? How should I build them within the "planner" and/or "resource pools" to get accurate reporting?! Sierra Stayberg TrueBlue
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Sierra, I suspect the lack of responses so far is because it's not really simple to give a recommendation without a better understanding of your business, and also because the new Resource Planner (which uses the new Resource Pools) is still evolving and people are progressively getting their heads around it. In general though, my understanding is that with the new Resource Pools, they are intended to be able to be more granular because people can belong to multiple resource pools, and each project can have multiple resource pools associated with it. So, potentially you could have a different resource pool for each of the teams you listed. This might make sense if they often work independently on different projects. Alternatively, if they often work together on the same projects, perhaps they should be in common resource pools (or split out geographically instead of by team). Until the next release (2017.3) we won't even try to use the new Resource Planner as it is lacking filtering functions currently and we have way too many projects for it to be usable. Hope to be able to give more input on this soon. Regards, David Cornwell