Expand my Community achievements bar.

Reporting on Task Planned Completion Date Changes

Level 2
I would like to create a report that shows me all of the times a planned completion date on a task changed. I would likely create this with no filters and then add it as a custom tab when viewing a task so that it only shows the returned results for that particular task. I was able to figure out how to do this when a baseline was taken but in most cases our Project Managers do not take a baseline when updating tasks. I know this information is stored as I can see in the update feed for a project that "John Doe change the due date to Month, day, year" I just can't figure out a way to get at it in the reports. I was experimenting with the Note Object but there doesn't seem to be anything accessible to the reporting engine that specifies due date (task planned completion date) changes. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks! Justin Hawker PMP, CSM, MBA, ITIL Modern Woodmen of America
1 Reply

Level 10
Hi Justin, I'm not aware of a way that you can report on this through the regular user interface. However, it is possible via the API using the JOURNAL object. I'm really hoping that Workfront make Journals an available report type that can be created through the user interface. This would open a lot of possibilities for users. Regards, David Cornwell