Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Updating fields on a custom form - will it cause issue with any existing projects

Level 6

I figured I would ask before I learn the hard way. Our digital department would like the selection options on our Marketing Request updated. If I remove an option or rename it, will it mess up any current projects that are in using those fields. Or is the better option to create a new form with the updated options and retiring the incorrect version?

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Tracy,

Good that you asked... If you change a value in the drop-down, it will change it everywhere the previous value exists in the system. If you remove a value it will be removed. If you want to retain the information for reporting, you can hide the value in the drop-down or create a new field and move the existing field to an Inactive form to retain the historical data.

Hope this helps,

Teale

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 7

Hi Tracy,

Good that you asked... If you change a value in the drop-down, it will change it everywhere the previous value exists in the system. If you remove a value it will be removed. If you want to retain the information for reporting, you can hide the value in the drop-down or create a new field and move the existing field to an Inactive form to retain the historical data.

Hope this helps,

Teale

Level 2

Hi Tracy - I think Teale is offering good advice. Hiding options is clean and maintains reporting integrity. Try testing it in SB01