Expand my Community achievements bar.

Updates - Are you sure you want to leave this page?

Level 8
Is anyone else experiencing this when typing an update and needing to hit backspace because of a typo? It's been happening to me and a lot of our users multiple times a day. Is it a browser issue or a Workfront issue? Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.
12 Replies

Level 10
I'm typing in an update on a project and the backspace is working fine. Are you in a different object? I would call it a browser issue--workfront definitely doesn't work that way (at least, not today and not on my instance). Maybe try all the usual things--incognito window, different browser, reboot, different computer, etc. -skye

Level 9
Wow I thought it was just me! Glad to see this....and I also only receive the issue while using Chrome.

Level 1
I have had this happen to me before. However, after being frustrated for a few minutes, I realized it was because I had lost internet connectivity (on wireless). Once I was connected to the internet again, the issue went away. Erin D'Adamo James River Insurance Company

Level 3
Today morning I had same issue for few minutes. I thought it was just me and I am also only receive the issue while using Chrome. Thanks @Sydney to bring this issue to community site. Thanks! Md Rahman Administrator, IT Application Freedom Mortgage Cell -8565226998 E: md.rahman@freedommortgage.com

Level 10
This happens to me every couple weeks. When I reboot my computer it usually fixes it.

Level 4
This happens to me also. If the comment box is open and I start typing but before finishing I go to another tab (in Workfront), when I return, it will do this. I usually have to leave the page and come back, and then I can use the backspace again. Michelle Jackson Colony Brands, Inc.

Level 3
This just started happening to me this week, and so I thought it was an internal issue. Glad to know I am not the only one. Debbie Scalf BCBST - Corporate Communications

Level 6
This happens to me on the 'report settings' screen. In short, this is a Workfront Javascript bug (or rather antiquated code that isn't relevant to all web browsers). Browsers of old used the backspace key as a shortcut for the back button (when a text input doesn't have the focus) - some years ago many of the browsers changed it to alt+left/right for back/forward (Safari is ‚åò+]). Firefox, IE/Edge still support backspace (in addition to alt+left ) Looking at the page code where I can reproduce this, they bring up that warning Message when the backspace key it hit (Ironically, if you're using Chrome, hitting OK won't even do anything). Might be worth opening a ticket if you find it bothersome. Sean

Employee
Hey @Sydney Peterson and all -- I second Sean - if you want to us investigate this further, can you please submit a support ticket? Thanks! Kyna Baker Customer Content and Community Manager Workfront

Level 8
Hey all, Myself and some other users have just started experiencing this as well - we're using Chrome. Did anyone end up opening a ticket with support and hearing back? Kirsten Heikkinen Trek Bicycle Corporation

Level 8
I opened a ticket and was told it's a browser issue and to update my version of Chrome.(I guess Chrome wasn't updating automatically) I also did a browser reset, and have been clearing my cache multiple times a day, but I'm still experiencing this regularly. Since support can't replicate the issue on their end so my ticket is kind of at a stand still. I'm sorry I don't have better news, if I hear anything else I'll certainly keep you posted! Sydney Peterson Diversified Communications, Inc.

Level 10
This happens to me sometimes when I hit the backspace. The only remedy I have found is to exit Chrome and go back in, and then it's fixed. I haven't bothered our IT people because it's so intermittent and I can't replicate it when I have the time to show it to them.