Expand my Community achievements bar.

Warning - PTO editing issue which adds extra days of PTO

Level 10
Hi folks, I found an issue (see attached video) where when you edit an existing PTO entry, it will only add more days, and does not remove any existing days. This means that users end up with more PTO in the system than they really should have, resulting in them not being available to be booked for work. This obviously has real flow-on impacts on resource productivity, company profitability, and impacts on projects and customers. I've raised this with Support who have consulted Development. The answer is that they agree it's an issue but they will not work on it until "next year" when they are working on "the entire time management toolset. Workfront's suggested workaround is to tell users not to edit existing PTO entries, and to instead delete and then recreate them. To me, this is not an acceptable workaround, because we can't rely on users to remember to do this. They should reasonably expect that if the system allows them to edit an existing entry then they should be OK to do that. If and when users forget not to edit PTO entries, this will have real cost impacts to us. I've escalated my concerns but have been told they don't plan to change the decision. I'm still going to keep pushing this, but if you are also concerned please raise an incident and reference it to my ticket # 00161855 Regards, David Cornwell
1 Reply

Level 10
Thanks David. This is a problem for us as well as we have project dates move out based on PTO (intentionally). And I agree the answer from WF is not acceptable. It's a troubling trend of unintended consequences and bugs that they refuse to fix or take months to fix. Is there an Idea Exchange item called "Fix your shhhtuff"? �� . I would upvote it.