Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Unable to edit or customize standard view

Level 3

Hi!

I have tried to edit a Standard View that we have in Setup > Interface > Views. The system allowed me to customize it but when I wanted to save the view, the button is greyed out. 

Attached screenshot for your reference: 

taufiq_1-1679321725728.png

Is there a way to mitigate this issue? What we are trying to achieve is that we want to set the parent task of any tasks in projects or templates to have a different color font. 

Since 'Standard View' is the view that will be used by default by any workfront users, we would like to customize that view. Or is there a way to actually create a new view and set that new view as a default view people will use?

Any assistance on this is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Regards, 

Taufiq

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

You cannot edit the built-in Views. I have called mine Standard+, saved as a new view and then hidden the built-in view via layout templates.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

You cannot edit the built-in Views. I have called mine Standard+, saved as a new view and then hidden the built-in view via layout templates.

TIP: if this solved your problem, I invite you to consider marking it as a Correct Answer to help others who might also find it of use.

Level 3

Hi Randy, 

Thank you for your reply. Is there a way to set up a certain layout template to everyone without messing with their already own-built filters, views, grouping and pinned pages? 

I am inclined towards your approach but I don't want to mess everyone's setup if I were to set the new layout template for everyone. 

Thank you!

Level 10

Layouts don't supercede a users pins, personal filters, views, groupings, etc. Create a Layout with all your desired features and then apply to only one person and make sure it does what you want. You can then apply it to everyone.

There are several threads here about layouts and strategies. I use layouts according to job role so all creative designers see the same thing, all developers see the same thing. all PMs see the same thing, etc. This may work for you or not. But it's good to have a strategy and everyone have a layout so you can assign pins, filters, views and groupings en mass.

Level 4

I ran into this the other day too. I can't believe you can't edit the 'Standard' views.  We have to tell our staff to go switch to a different view every time they load some screens (i.e. Billing Records).  It's such a waste of time.  

There's no way to change the default view either, correct?

Level 10

Although you cannot edit the Standard view, you can create a view called "Standard +" or something like that and tmake that the default and hide the built-in Standard view in Layouts.