Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to complete Project due to cancelled task

Level 2
Hi All, Please forgive me if this is a silly question. We have some cancelled tasks in a project but these are stopping the project being marked as complete. We ideally want to keep the tasks with a "cancelled" status to give a true reflection of the project but without deleting them or marking them as complete the project cannot be completed. Hope this makes sense, any tips appreciated. Many thanks Sue
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

2 Replies

Level 10
Hi: It all depends on what the task status “Cancelled” maps to. All tasks have to be mapped to a status that, under the bonnet, equate to “Complete”. You can call the status anything you like, it just has to equate with “Complete”. Here are our task statuses: [cid:image003.jpg@01D26A48.F26AF0D0] I’d look at what your “Cancelled” task status equates with. You can’t change what a given task status equates to - you have to create a new one. Here is what I’ve done in the past: 1) Edit your Cancelled status (Setup, Project Preferences Statuses, Tasks); 2) Edit the Cancelled status (on the right, Edit); 3) Change the name to “Cancelled-Old”; 4) Save; 5) Create a new task status called “Cancelled”. Be sure it equates with “Complete”’ 6) Create a task report of all tasks in status “Cancelled-old”; 7) Mass edit and change the status to “Cancelled”; That should do it. Hope that helps. Eric

Level 2
Thanks you Eric! I've done this and fingers crossed it will work. Not sure why it was set up that way ...