Expand my Community achievements bar.

Unable to access archived posts now

Level 4

While searching through results today, a few of the 2017 posts that I tried to access brought me to an archived page without any content. I feel like there is still plenty of helpful information from earlier years so I would hate to lose access to it. And I would almost prefer they don't even show in results rather than showing snippets that I can't access and seem very related to the issue I am researching. 

AndrewGr1_0-1726771004156.png

4 Replies

Administrator

Hi @AndrewGr1 sorry for the delay. In an effort to increase discoverability of Community content, we are performing a platform-wide cleanup effort to archive older posts. We have set a conservative criteria to archive posts published more than 5 years ago that were below a certain amount of engagement in the past 2 years. That said, I can see how this may lead to the removal of some high-value content. 

If you could please provide me with the title of the archived page(s), or any details associated with it, I'm happy to help restore those articles. Also, based on your response, my assumption is that you came across these archived articles through search. Can you please confirm if this was the case, or if you accessed these archived articles through another method?

Thanks for surfacing this (and to @skyehansen for tagging me) and we appreciate your feedback!

Level 4

Thanks, @jon_chen. I don't recall what posts I was trying to access at this point. It's probably somewhat rare that an older post is relevant, so I understand why you are doing it. I usually just use the filter or sorting options to find more recent posts. I'd say it's usually text mode examples where I don't mind looking at really old posts/replies since text mode hasn't really changed at all with WF updates. 

It's good to know that if I see an old one that has been archived but the search snippet seems to indicate it might provide valuable info for me or has a lot of replies, then I will reach out to you/support to see if it can be unarchived manually. 

Administrator

@AndrewGr1 Thanks for understanding and I appreciate your response. Agreed that text mode examples are "evergreen" content and should not be removed from public view in most circumstances.

Sounds good - in the future, please let me know if you come across any archived articles that you'd like to restore!