Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!
SOLVED

Typeahead fields Status on Roadmap

Level 2

Does anybody know if typeahead custom fields to be able to pick users are on the roadmap? Where would anyone be able to see if they are likely to be introduced?

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ChrisRo9 - Typeahead fields for users are currently available!

VictoriaLinn_0-1714658274272.png

View solution in original post

12 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi @ChrisRo9 - Typeahead fields for users are currently available!

VictoriaLinn_0-1714658274272.png

Level 2

Thank you Victoria,

I found it in the new form designer section. Whilst it only allows one selected user it will solve my problem for now, would be great in the future if multiple users could be selected in that box.

Community Advisor

Sounds like you're looking for a way to select multiple users, and I wonder if you've considered exploring external lookup fields to see if you could use them to get this working. (by the way I recommend using email addresses rather than user names if viable... this way if you pull up two John Smiths, you don't have to guess.)

https://experienceleague.adobe.com/en/docs/workfront/using/administration-and-setup/customize/custom...

Level 2

Hi Skye

Thank you for this, this looks like it would solve the problem completely, do you happen to have an example of the base API URL that would get me to users and then the JSON Path?

Thanks 

Chris

Community Advisor

could you try variating the example given and then come back and walk us through what error you might be seeing?

I would say for json, experiment with the "$.data[*].name" that they show you, or maybe try $.data[*].emailAddr if you decide to use the email address as I suggested?

For the base API -- again, play around. The example given was "$$HOST/attask/api/v15.0/project/search?status={DE:StatusQuery}&$$QUERY"

* Could you switch out the "project" object for "user"?

* Instead of searching on "status={DE:StatusQuery}" maybe search on "isActive=true"? What are some of the other user attributes you might want to search on? (e.g. reports to a certain manager, belongs in a certain home team or home group - these are all simpler parameters you could try and link up with the ampersand symbol, and they would be easy to get from a user report filter; just build in there and switch to text mode)

Level 2

Hi Skye

It would appear that based on the documentation, the lookups arent available on User fields. At some point i'm sure they will either fix that or allow the current typeahead fields to pick up more than one answer.

Thanks for your help anyway!!

Community Advisor

Hi Chris, thanks for the screenshot. This is helpful. I think perhaps the adobe writers may have miswrote it -- but I can coordinate with @jon_chen to find out (it's likely that what they may have meant is that you can't put an external lookup field on a user custom form, rather than not being able to use an external lookup field to search for a set of users). 

(by the way, if anyone else happens to be listening in, they just unlocked the ability to have external lookups in company and user custom forms)

Administrator

Hello, 

Thanks for looping me in. Has the above documentation already been corrected? I don't see the 'Note' section in the documentation referenced above. 

Community Advisor

thanks @jon_chen , I sent you an email with the direct link to that screenshot and a better summary.

Administrator

Hi @skyehansen @ChrisRo9 Thanks for your patience with this. I have heard back from our technical documentation team - please see their comment below:

The external lookup field is not supported on Document forms but it is supported now on User forms. Our team is updating the note in the referenced documentation to reflect this.

Level 2

Thank you Jon

This clears up the documentation.

I may put another question in the community asking for an example of how i would create an external lookup on a custom form where the person filling out the form can pick multiple users in that field

At the moment my coding knowledge isnt good enough to guess how to do it

Administrator

Happy to help @ChrisRo9 . 

In case no one responds on this thread, I'd recommend you submit your query as a new question in the Workfront Community for added visibility. Thank you!