Expand my Community achievements bar.

SOLVED

Tracking poor behavior in Workfront

Level 2

We recently onboarded a new client to Workfront and want to track how effectively they are using the functionality. Does anyone have recommendations for reports that you've built to track poor behavior within the tool? Here is what we have so far:

• Projects not tied to a portfolio (i.e. orphaned projects)
  • Ratio of projects by condition (i.e., how many projects are At Risk or In Trouble)
  • Projects without resolvable (i.e., how many projects have been created from scratch rather than converting an issue to a project)
  • Unassigned tasks in active projects
  • Timesheets with less than 40 hours
  • Proofs with incomplete workflows 
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! There are so many reports you could do but will be nuanced by what's important for your leadership and processes. For example if not all time is logged in WF or every single minute of time (i.e. are they expected to log admin/internal time? If not, may not always have timesheets actually over 40hrs). What you have listed are good ideas. Also check out this kickstart dashboard of reports with other ideas that you can easily upload into your instance : ) https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-archived-groups/workfront-usage-dashboard...

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

4 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there! There are so many reports you could do but will be nuanced by what's important for your leadership and processes. For example if not all time is logged in WF or every single minute of time (i.e. are they expected to log admin/internal time? If not, may not always have timesheets actually over 40hrs). What you have listed are good ideas. Also check out this kickstart dashboard of reports with other ideas that you can easily upload into your instance : ) https://experienceleaguecommunities.adobe.com/t5/workfront-archived-groups/workfront-usage-dashboard...

If you found this helpful, please mark correct to help others : )

Community Advisor

If you have important custom forms the users are to be using (if not already associated with your project templates), you could also have a report of projects missing XYZ custom forms, or more specifically, projects with ABC custom form FIELDS not filled in or filled in inaccurately (i.e. a lazy description field).

Level 8

I pin a dashboard to the Projects area that includes a bunch of reports that filter to the user viewing it, including most of what you list above plus:

• My projects 100% complete but not in closed status (Yes, we're working toward defaulting all projects to autocomplete.)
  • My projects not updated in over 2 weeks (This excludes projects that are planned to start in the future.)
  • My projects with no company (Again, forcing use of templates would help with this.)
  • My project started, but the status is not In Progress
  • My active proofs in closed projects

As an admin, I have versions of these reports that show the entire system.