Expand my Community achievements bar.

Tracking number of Tasks / Projects created by User

Level 2
I'm trying to pull a report that shows how many projects OR Tasks a user creates in a given period of time based off converting from the issue. The problem is we don't keep the original issue as this has caused confusion amongst the team in terms of what threads to reply back, etc. Has anyone been able to track - Tasks that contain a custom form OR Taks or projects that were converted from an issue? Any help would be appreciated
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 10
HI Carey, The difficulty obviously is that you can't run a report that includes both Projects and Tasks at the same time. So, an approach could be to create a Task report and filter it based on a specific custom form being attached to the tasks. If your users choose to convert the issue to a Task they they would have to choose to add the custom form as part of the process (the risk being that they forget to). If your users choose to convert the issue to a Project, then they would need to be told to attach a template, which includes at least 1 task with the same custom form attached. That way, you should be able to report on the number of tasks with the custom form (field name is category.name) attached which were created (Entry Date) during a given time frame. Cheers, David

Level 10
When you say you don't keep the issue, do you actually delete it? If not, you could run an issue report, with a Resolving Object column and Resolving Object Type column to show what's converted to task or project.

Level 3
David - That sounds like too much work for our typical users. One could, however, run the project report and task report separately, right? At that point you could use Excel to do a pivot table and combine the two reports and create a macro if the report is going to be needed on a regular bases.

Level 10
Hi Shelly, I think Polly's suggestion of reporting on the issues is best, if possible. Would it be possible for you to retain the issues and just educate the users not to comment on an Issue (identified by the little clipboard with exclamation mark)? Or - change the name of the issue to include the word "Converted" so that they know to ignore it? Another option....could you standardise that users always convert Issues to Projects (not Projects or Tasks)? That way of course, you could just run a project report. As you suggested, if you really need to you could run two reports and work things out in Excel, but I really try to use Excel as a last resort because once you start doing this it gets too difficult for non-experts to produce the reports. Cheers, David