Expand my Community achievements bar.

Join us for our Coffee Break Sweepstakes on July 16th! Come ask your questions or share your use cases on Creative Briefs for a chance to win a piece of Workfront swag!

Total Report

Level 5
I am trying to create what i thought would be a fairly simple report but am not getting the results i was expecting so I am hoping someone can help. What I am trying to do is create a report that will show me the total number of tasks and total number of projects closed YTD grouped by portfolio. I don't need any other information just a sum total of tasks and projects basically to show upper management that Workfront is worth the cost. Any assistance would be appreciated. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG
Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

4 Replies

Level 7
When viewing reports there are typically tabs in the top left which may provide the information that you require. Assuming your report is configured correctly and you merely want totals - have you checked the Summary tab? Richard Carlson Behr Process Corporation

Employee Advisor
Michelle, You would want to run two different reports, and then add both to a dashboard to view the information in a single place: 1. A project report filtered for Project > Actual Completion Date > This Year, grouped by Portfolio > Name (can be done through the basic UI). 2. A task report filtered for Task > Actual Completion Date > This Year. If you want to group the report by Portfolio Name, that would need to be done through text mode. I've included that below for your reference. textmode=true group.0.displayname=Portfolio group.0.valuefield=project:portfolio:name group.0.valueformat=HTML If you have any questions, let me know! Nichole Vargas Workfront

Level 5
Thanks Nichole. Putting them on a dashboard together got me what I needed. Michelle Bowden Fiserv ETG

Employee Advisor
Michelle, Happy to hear, thanks for the update! Nichole Vargas Workfront