Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Timesheet permissions

Level 2
Level 2

We have a new office administrator, who's been asked to complete timesheets for our senior leadership team.

Is this even possible? Is there a way I can give permission for one user to complete timesheets for other users?

Please help

Cheers

Ross

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there,

My first thought is how is this admin supposed to accurately log the leadership's time? Seems like an odd/not feasible request to even be accurate but anyway...

My suggestion is to give the admin an admin license in WF. Then they can use the 'log in as' feature to log in as the people on the leadership team to fill in their timesheets. So it'll be the office admin doing it, but will be associated with the leadership team's WF accounts/timesheets.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Community Advisor

Hi there,

My first thought is how is this admin supposed to accurately log the leadership's time? Seems like an odd/not feasible request to even be accurate but anyway...

My suggestion is to give the admin an admin license in WF. Then they can use the 'log in as' feature to log in as the people on the leadership team to fill in their timesheets. So it'll be the office admin doing it, but will be associated with the leadership team's WF accounts/timesheets.

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2
Level 2

Hi Madalyn

Thanks for taking the time to respond.

You're preaching to the choir..... I have no idea why they think this is a good idea.

Nevertheless, I should be able to give permission through the timesheet settings.... but I then need to create a bespoke access profile, allowing admin access for timesheets & hours

Will test to see if it all works: -

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 14.09.20.png

Screenshot 2023-01-06 at 14.06.24.png

Kind regards