Expand my Community achievements bar.

Do you have questions about the migration to Adobe Business Platform? Come join our upcoming coffee break and ask away!

Timesheet - Hour types

Level 2

How do I restrict the hour types on my timesheet to only show Billable Hours or only show Task Hours. Looking for solutions on a template level. Thanks 

4 Replies

Community Advisor

You can dictate what hour types show in a timesheet profile associated with users (Setup > Timesheets & Hours > Timesheet Profiles). In the profile you can select non-billable hour types that show with a user's timesheet (vacation, general overhead, etc.) - if you don't want those to appear in a timesheet, you remove them at the timesheet profile level. 

Not sure details on doing this from a template level, but in template settings > filter hour types looks like something here that may tie into this...

Screen Shot 2023-06-28 at 7.35.01 PM.png

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

Hi @Madalyn_Destafney ,

Thanks for your response. When I select the hour type I want from the filter i.e. billable hours 

AminaOy_1-1688404522449.png 

when I go to log my time. The task hours still shows up. I want the project to only have billable hours associated to it and not the option of selecting task time.

AminaOy_0-1688404445822.pngI

Is it possible?????

Community Advisor

Sorry for the delayed response…if you have tasks in a project, I don’t know if you can prevent the ability to log task time. What if you have users log only project time on the project? 

If this helped you, please mark correct to help others : )

Level 2

No worries Madalyn. That would eventually be the solution. Where only billable time is logged to the project. I will just have to include this in the 'How To' documents.

Thank you

Regards