Expand my Community achievements bar.

The next phase for Workfront Community ideas is coming soon. Learn all about it in our blog!
SOLVED

Timesheet Exception Report. Help Needed

Level 2

I am trying to figure out a way of doing an exception report, whereby, if a user updates a re-opened timesheet that does not belong in that specific reporting period the report will pull it out.

I have tried using the input date against the timesheet date, but the original input date remains.

eg: Reporting period is 1st-30th April, a timesheet for 1st March is re-opened and updated and closed in April, input date still shows 1st March.

Exception report would need to show what timesheets were updated in April but don't belong to that reporting period.

if anyone has any ideas I would be immensely grateful, I can happily admit I am no good with text mode, so I have just been using the standard filters.

TIA

Topics

Topics help categorize Community content and increase your ability to discover relevant content.

1 Accepted Solution

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - have you looked at the Last Update Date? Maybe you can do a filter where Last Update is greater than $$TODAYbm and Input Date is less than $$TODAYbm.

I'll be honest, I'm very new to the timesheet/hour reporting, but I checked the API explorer and both object types have the Last Update Date field so that might work for you. :)

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Correct answer by
Level 10

Hi - have you looked at the Last Update Date? Maybe you can do a filter where Last Update is greater than $$TODAYbm and Input Date is less than $$TODAYbm.

I'll be honest, I'm very new to the timesheet/hour reporting, but I checked the API explorer and both object types have the Last Update Date field so that might work for you. :)

Level 2

Thanks Anthony.

That worked. I think I must have been looking at the report for too long, we use that filter for other reporting too :)